Edgware GN, New loco's

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
manna

Re: Edgware GN,

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thanks coops, I didn't think it looked to bad either, and your J6 as you said way out of the time frame.

I've given the A5 another coat of paint, this time into 'Black' like this too.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3257.JPG
DSCF3254.JPG
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Or you can have it in 'Green'.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3259.JPG
DSCF3258.JPG
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A lot has been going on over the last couple of weeks, At the model railway show in Adelaide, I had arranged to pick up some LNER coaches from a deceased estate, at a reasonable price, there was a suburban all 3rd, an all 3rd artic twin, a 1st/3rd comp. and a Thompson 'deal' full brake, and a half dozen wagons, the coaches were only average, with some of the wheels jammed or the bogies not rotating (except for the 1st/3rd, a new kit) so a busy week was in order, most of them have been fixed, but I'm having to wait for the brake 3rd.
Then three parcels arrived from my son in the UK, another Hornby N2 chassis for a body I have lying around, a J50, half a dozen tenders including a couple of 'Schools' motorized jobbies, these will go behind the Atlantic and the Ivatt single.
The Stanier 2-6-0 now has a nice new tender, but in BR livery,
A 'Kitmaster' Stirling single tender, also arrived, (in bits) which will go behind a Stirling J7, when I get round to building it, I have most of the chassis ?
A lot of modeling is going to be needed to get everything built.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3286.JPG
DSCF3287.JPG
DSCF3285.JPG
DSCF3283.JPG
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A few more pics.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3276.JPG
DSCF3271.JPG
DSCF3273.JPG
DSCF3274.JPG
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Hi Manna - more great work from you, how are you finding the Twin-Art for negotiating pointwork and curves, I have one and I had to tweak it considerably to go through my 24" curves, even then it is not the most reliable and I have retired it from regular service.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents
Hi Jim.

The older artic set, works wonderfully , some of my older curves were about 18 inches, and I've never had a problem, the new Green and Cream Tourist stock took a little bit of work to get right, I haven't tried the new set yet, still on the workbench.

I've found they must be free running, especially the center bogie, even a bit sloppy.

manna
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

So many fingers in so many pies - and all so tasty!
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Ex-Pat, Oh, so very true, but I'm starting to run out of space in the study, there are loco's and coaches everywhere, the household authorities are starting to revolt........................ :wink:

manna
Coopslner

Post by Coopslner »

Nice coaches, I have got one of the kirk kits for the artic twin still to do, I was wondering if it would be easier to bash two hornby suburban teaks together?!? I do worry how it would ride, so it's nice to hear yours navigates ok.

Coops
Derby Friargate GN
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Hi Coops, I have seen it done with the Hornby Gresley coaches, so yes it can be done, and to almost change subject, you can do the same with, the Hornby LNER sleepers, they are based on a real Gresley sleeper twin.

manna
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Busy days continue, fitted class numbers to coach doors, and have started to line the Ivatt Single, the transfers are very old, 35 years + and that's how long it is since I've lined a loco. Enjoy.

manna
Attachments
Ivatt 4-2-2 Single.
Ivatt 4-2-2 Single.
DSCF3291.JPG
DSCF3294.JPG
DSCF3295.JPG
Coopslner

Post by Coopslner »

The loco looks great and the lining brings it to life. Do you plan on lining out the coaches, and if you do what's your preferred method?

Coops
Derby Friargate GN
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Hi Coops, To tell the truth, I've never fully lined a loco, so there's got to be a first, I bought a lining (bow) pen a couple of weeks ago, so I'll give it a go, don't know if I'm any good :D

I'll give the coaches (mainline only) a primrose line in due course.

manna
Coopslner

Post by Coopslner »

Well your results for a first time look great so far and I will be looking forward to seeing your results with the bow pen. It is somthing that I have thought about but also know nothing about at the same time, so it would be good to know the product you use and show us all your handy work when you get round to it 8)

Cheers

Coops.
Derby Friargate GN
manna

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

I just wrote out a long update, then lost the Bl**dy lot, when it wouldn't upload (my fault) so here's some pictures instead.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3298.JPG
DSCF3299.JPG
DSCF3305.JPG
DSCF3303.JPG
DSCF3302.JPG