Turntable mod

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
GWR_fan

Turntable mod

Post by GWR_fan »

I purchased an inexpensive manual Fleischmann turntable just for playing around. Alas, I could not live with the extreme shallow depth of the pit so putting any resemblance to a prototype aside I opted to add Peco bridge sides suitably shortened.I only intended the turntable for small GWR pannier tanks so the short bridge is not an issue. There is just sufficient width to run a small tank locomotive through the bridge. Eventually I will add a couple of figures to give a sense of scale.
Attachments
ttb.JPG
tta.JPG
RuffnutThorston

Re: Turntable mod

Post by RuffnutThorston »

Nice turntable....

I have modified the old Hornby Turntable, using the Dapol (Ex Airfix) GWR type Turntable kit.

Funnily enough, those same PECO Girder Bridge Sides can laso be used on the Hornby Turntable....but don't need cutting down in length! ;)

Some details here...quite a few posts tell the story!

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/in ... t&p=278419

GWR_fan

Re: Turntable mod

Post by GWR_fan »

There is an excellent video on You-Tube whereby the originator used an Airfix/Dapol turntable kit with an aluminium lazy susan. Looking at the finished product it was not readily apparent that the circular track was actually rotating with the turntable deck bridge. Truly ingenious.