help

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
flattrack60

help

Post by flattrack60 »

Trying this design but cant work out the sections of Hornby track ,where to put them to join up on that angle on the bottom left

Please help

oh btw I don't want to use flexy track
Attachments
prot 12x8.jpg
flattrack60

Re: help

Post by flattrack60 »

I can cut the angle more
Attachments
prot 12x8.jpg
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

While it can be done with R610's and slightly forced to join, what I would do (Which also massively saves on cost if you've not already purchased your track) is to use Peco code 100 streamline flexible track and cut it to length with track cutting shears.
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

So another R8241 doesn't fit there?
Regards
Rob
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

What is an R8241 anyway? Assuming its the same size as an R600. I can make that fit in Xtrkcad. It allows you to move things slightly based on the assumption that there's a little bit of play in the joins. I imagine it'll get a bit messy if you try to do a double track though.

Regards
Rob
Emettman

Post by Emettman »

Can I ask what the indent in that lower right corner is for?

It doesn't look large enough to let a door open without a lift section as it is drawn.
That would need a larger space to contain both the door arc and somewhere outside that for someone to stand.

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."
flattrack60

Post by flattrack60 »

Thanks peeps for there input ,I did forget to say it is in my loft and the bottom rh corner is where my loft hatch is .I can tweak it and the idea was a centre control area ..... so it's in early days .... I have got to dismantle part of my original layout and for me its
a big job just couldn't get my head round the "geometry"
thanks again
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

To keep it as simple as possible, and assuming the gap is shorter than an R600, just remove the opposing R600 and move the bottom loop up to join. Then shuffle the whole loop into a more central location to give a bit more edge distance and maybe give that space to lo-relief buildings.

If more loops are going inside this one then the same basic principle should work.

If required trim the long rail to allow both sides to match.
Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester