Atso wrote:nickbrad wrote:I keep looking at the pictures, being impressed at the work so far, then I remind myself how small they are and I'm even more impressed.
Thank you. For reference the wagons are around 44m long over the buffers.
Having soldered the buffers and coupling hooks onto the last two wagons, I had a moment of insanity today. It suddenly occurred to me that all the vans are vacuum braked types and, since the etch provided coupling hooks, I really should add some vacuum brake pipes as well. To complicate things further, the pipe has two bends in it so that it ends up more or less central on the body at the point where the flexible hose attaches.
Out with some thin wound guitar wire and I removed about 10 mm of winding before setting about bending everything to shape. Final trimming to size, a tiny amount of solder paste and a lot of flux and I managed to attach these to the bodies of two vans without unsoldering anything else!
Two down seven to go!
Edit: I also added the grab rails onto the doors of the vans.