Track terminator

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Pug

Track terminator

Post by Pug »

A couple of years back, I saw an American website, advertising a device which was for terminating track, where a baseboard join was to be crossed.

It comprised a base, complete with, possibly, up to four railroad "ties", and saved the **** factor of fiddling with bits of plastic and sticking strips of copper clad strip to the fingers.

I think, [I am sometimes wrong, but not as often as I seemed to be when I was married to Mrs Pug], that it may have been manufactured by a US company with the word "timber" in their title.

Any idea's, please?

John [Pug]
TimberSurf

Re: Track terminator

Post by TimberSurf »

First -- no its not me
Second -- its probably not this lot http://www.timbertracks.co.uk/index.php ... y&path=8_9
Third -- if above is no use, then I cant find it in google
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
Pug

Post by Pug »

Thanks for the reply.

No, and I can't find it via Google either, and I've looked at everything on track laying on Yootoob too!

John
b308

Post by b308 »

Just get hold of some copper clad strip and make one yourself. Alternatively put two screws into the board alongside the rails and solder the sales to them. No pint in paying that much when it will cost you pennies to do it yourself!
Pug

Post by Pug »

I've used both of these methods, although I settled on the copper pcb method a long time ago.

It's just that having seen this other device, I fancied getting a few, to evaluate them for myself.

John