1970s Railway Video

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
luckymucklebackit

1970s Railway Video

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Unfortunately no sound, this was transferred to digital from my old old Super 8 Cine film. Mostly Scottish Region, but some scenes from Carlisle, Manchester, Crewe and the Keighley and Worth Valley Line, ignore the odd non-railway stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcXKXRVNxfE

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Ex-Pat

Re: 1970s Railway Video

Post by Ex-Pat »

Thanks Jim - recognised most of the railway locations apart from the night scenes!

How did you get your stuff transferred to digital?
luckymucklebackit

Hi Ex Pat - My sister knows someone in the business, no questions asked. He can only do a bit at a time, and there is another two reels to be done!
:)

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

Pity! - I've got 40 to 50 VHS tapes from the 1990's, and have baulked at €15 or €20 each to transfer to DVD.
luckymucklebackit

Getting the stuff off film is expensive, getting it transferred from VHS to DVD can be done using some basic software, I bought a kit some years ago for around £15.

Jim
senorsenales

Post by senorsenales »

LIDL's were doing one for £14.99. Silvercrest USB Video Grabber.

Bought one, haven't tried it. Loads of cables and bits in the box to bit any combination I should think.