Seaton Junction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
RobJ

Re: Seaton Junction

Post by RobJ »

Looks great! I've walked over the old platform footbridge at Seaton Junction, well, whats left of it. Hard to imagine it back in the day now.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

My apologies to "The Chief" I haven't had time to check in on the forum, had a few family problems to deal with.

No, unfortunately the brass nameplates I used were designed to glue over the top of the flat printed hornby one. They come as a kit, you get the etched brass pre painted nameplates, a smokebox numberplate, and a pair of cabside transfers with a Brunswick green background to cover the original hornby number.

The scenery is now completed on the Seaton branch line, I will post some pictures soon.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Some updated pictures taken recently, the S15 class is a recent addition to the fleet.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

And a couple more
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Looking really good! - Can I offer a suggestion about the gap around the Point motor, I had the same issue and made up a mask using strips of very thin plasticard, two transverse and two parallel with the rail, glue together with adhesive and cover with ballast,

HTH

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Beynac

Post by Beynac »

Wonderful layout ! I'm watching your thread with great interest. :D How did you make all that green grass :?:
I'm just a guy who wants to play with his toys. Image
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I can't say I would like that much grass, you must spend dozens of hours on the sit on lawn mower! :D
What a great expansive layout with tons of track, I am very envious! :mrgreen:
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Thank you folks, for the kind comments. It has taken me almost 2 years to get the layout to this stage, there is still a lot left to do (although I think that is always the case with model railways).

The extra items on the station platforms, are fully working 6 volt station lamps, that I purchased for £7 for 20 from China, the station benches also came from China.

As can be seen from the photos, the Seaton Branch line section has had scenic treatment, and the main Station canopy has had some work done, to remove the uneven rippled edge that appeared before.

On the locomotive and rolling stock front:

All 3 Merchant Navy locos, have had the Albert Goodall detailing added, the tenders have been close coupled to them, and the weather screen has been added between loco and tender cab roofs.
Both Rebuilt West Country locos have had the same treatment, close coupled tenders and weathering applied.

Recent purchases are an N15, and an S15 goods 4-6-0.

The 'Atlantic Coast Express' train, now sports a Headboard on the loco, the coach rake is the correct formation for the Down train, and has roof Destination boards on all of the coaches.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

I have just done a new video set of the layout, for anyone interested in watching, here is the link:

https://youtu.be/6g_GASsXI_k
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Luverly! Nice to see it in action and some of the sound tracks work really well to!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
Beynac

Post by Beynac »

Wonderful video. Thanks for sharing it with us. :D
I'm just a guy who wants to play with his toys. Image
Si_Donal

Post by Si_Donal »

Wow - you have captured the "feel" of this station very well. It's quite a big location too. Well done on your scratchbuilt station etc..
Si

Leisure Time = those moments between the lists of jobs that a wife gives you to do.

Visit my layout thread at: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=24781
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Thank you for the kind replies, I don't consider myself an expert at scenery, and there are many layouts on here that are far more and better detailed.

Since I last posted, I have just completed an extension of the hidden storage loops, which has in effect doubled the capacity for storing trains.

I have also installed a CCTV system on the layout with 4 camera's which enables me to see where trains are in the hidden storage loops, from my seated operating position, this might seem over the top, but it gets tiring constantly having to stand up then sit down again every time I operate a train.

I will add some pictures soon.
markS&D

Seaton Junction Locomotives

Post by markS&D »

'92 Squadron' in 1948 condition complete with close coupled tender, loco body height corrected, RT models cylinder drain pipes added, loco to tender weather screen added, rear trailing truck modified with ashpans glued to lower section of loco body, plasticard inserts added behind the cylinders and above the second bogie wheel to get rid of unsightly gaps, extra weight glued inside the loco body, route discs added, and wheel rims blackened
BOB1.JPG
BOB2.JPG
'N15 30800', front footsteps altered to a position slightly further out, to prevent the front bogie from derailing on medium radius points
30800.jpg
'34036 Westward Ho' tender close coupled, light weathering, loco-tender weather screen fitted, this model still runs like a dream, it is now 9 years old, and still going strong.
34036.jpg
'34045 Ottery St Mary' tender close coupled, weather screen added, this loco was purchased at the same time as 34036, however, this model is now on its 2nd set of valve gear, has had to have the gear set replaced, and is also on its 2nd set of loco driving wheels
34045.JPG
markS&D

Seaton Junction Locomotives cont:

Post by markS&D »

'S15 class 30830' full detail added, including appropriate headcode discs, locomotive weathered
S151.JPG
S152.JPG
'M7 class 42' basically straight out of the box.
42.jpg
'35026 Lamport & Holt Line', loco has had several enhancements, the loco body height has been corrected, the loco and tender have been close coupled, 'RT models' cast ashpans and cylinder drain pipes added, plasticard inserted around the cylinders and trailing truck area to get rid of unprototypical daylight, loco tender weather screen added, headcode discs, and 'ACE' headboard.
35026.jpg
350261.jpg