Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
mikem64

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby mikem64 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Brian,

Nice work with the Ultra low relief factory/warehouse fascia, the modification showing an interior adds a nice touch.

OK I've take your request on & this morning I've created some brand new windows for this unit which you print onto transparent film, there are four designs to choose from but all have black frames.

If you want I'll add this later today to the kit that's on the web site, or if you want to create a similar effect as Brian has, I can add some side wings turning the kit from Ultra low relief into a basic low relief unit, extend the roof sections & we're away.

I'm open to suggestions but what depth do you want the unit to sit from the back scene, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, give me a few general thoughts & it won't take me long to make these simple mods.

Regards this page, feel free to post your builds so others can see how you have used these kits on your own layout or diorama, I'm sure more than me is interested to see how we all use the site.

I know you don't hear from me that often now, I'm still here working in the back ground, its just I don't get the same time I did in the past to work on my hobby, and the time that I do get I've been spending on my own layout as I want to push it forward.

So I know this was brief but time is short, I've got a few hours in the loft this morning before visitors arrive so can pretend I'm not home, that's rude....LOL

Catch you all later, & give me your thoughts regards above.
Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your complimentary remarks on my alterations to your warehouse wall.
I set the backscene depth to 30mm and with green frames to the windows but the depth, style and colour of frame was simply my own spur of the moment choice. Also the internal background image is obviously open to a number of options. I’ve used the picture of a warehouse with boxes displayed on storage racks, but with different signage, industrial machinery could be another possible answer. With some alternative brick styles, design and signage, and some background image choices, the kit would have tremendous flexibility of use.
I was never a great fan of low relief models but as a background space saving option on a model layout I’ve now discovered how useful they can be.
Thanks again Mike.
Brian.

mickster04

Postby mickster04 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey mike,
gonna try out your low profile factory tonight, just a question though, I found it on the railside part of your website rather than townside, is that correct?

Thanks,
NZ-based-Mike

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 pm

mickster04 wrote: I found it on the railside part of your website rather than townside, is that correct?

All previous Wordsworth factories and warehouses, whether full size or low relief have been in the Rail Side section of the web site.
So I guess that was the sensible place for this new warehouse rear wall. A fairly common sight when travelling by train.

The only model I would suggest might have been better sited in Town Scene is the Dunbar Bus Depot.
But hey! it's Mike's design and his choice, so who are we to criticise.

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Troopers,

Just a very quick whirl wind update, finally I've uplaoded the Pringleton storage tank kit as many have been waiting for this, remember this is one of those kits that can't be resized or will work outside the UK as you need a Pringle potatoe chip canister as the base which you just cover.

Also uploaded is the new Little Montford Station & platform sections, I've tired to supply different platform edges so if it's single or double edged you use the appropiate pages.

I know things are painfully slow as I'm using anny spare time I have working on my own layout, believe me I'm lucky if a get a few hours per week. Where I used to put hours into the kit design each day, this now gets 30mins here, 20mins there, so as you can tell not much movement.

Hope you enjoy the new freebees & lets see you builds here in this thread, I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets a thrill from seeing them.

Cheers Mike.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey Mike, you do what you can, when you can and when you want to, it's your hobby and we are grateful to get the spin offs from it. Looking forward to some progress on Wordsworth II.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Agree. And It's wonderful to be able to download these free buildings. Thanks for the time, effort and skill put into these buildings.

HotBox53

Postby HotBox53 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 am

Thank you Mike, for your fine work. Truly appreciated in many parts of the world. By the way, Pringles are available in South Africa and many other countries I'm pretty sure. A great excuse you have provided to go out and buy a few packs! Here they also supply them in 1/2 size canisters which would make good water towers etc.
First class passengers remain seated!
Second class passengers get out and walk!
Third class passengers get out and push!

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Mike,
Re: Little Montford Platform Sections.
Pages 2 and 7 show the (double edge) platform covers and their matching ramps,
but page 1 (single edge) platforms appear to be missing their (single edge) ramps.
Do we require a page 8?

Brian.

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:08 am

Hi Brian,

I'll check when I get home, I know the single sided ramps should be there. Only thing I can think at present I had one of those blonde moments when converting the kit into pdf.....doh

Will update this evening.

Cheers Mike.

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi Brian,

Hopefully I fixed my Blonde moment, Little Montford Platforms section reloaded.....LOL

Cheeers Mike.

Scrat

Postby Scrat » Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Mike,

the Pgingle cans available in germany also fit your kits.
I used two tanks for my tinplate O-gauge layout. They fit well to the industrial backscene I scaled up from an old picture.

Holger

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am

Hi Mike
I am contemplating my future workload, 100 coaches to light, weather and maybe improve the interior? There are paper kits available at £5 a pop, so at £500, I will give that a miss! There are some for old Doublo coaches interior kits that include side walls, but the print definition is a bit low tech. I will probably just paint the central moulding brown (teak) but think it may be worth putting coloured seats in and lino floor by glueing in, a paper print.
Have you ever thought about this? Could this be a future project?
If not, I might have a bash and if the results are reasonable, I could donate them!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed May 24, 2017 12:36 am

Funny you should mention that Timbersurf. I have been contemplating how to improve coach interiors in my 125 coaches. I was going to go with paint and silver paint for the luggage racks but a more life-like version would definatly be worth considering if available.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

sparkhill

Postby sparkhill » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Just made two storage tanks for N gauge by using the card insert from a roll of plastic garbage bags, thanks Mike for another great kit.
Regards
Nobby

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”