My (N gauge) table football layout!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Bufferstop

Re: My (N gauge) table football layout!

Post by Bufferstop »

Now some of the banks in my garden could do with that sort of treatment, do you do commissions?
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
PinkNosedPenguin

Post by PinkNosedPenguin »

Thanks all :D
Bufferstop wrote:Now some of the banks in my garden could do with that sort of treatment, do you do commissions?
Unfortunately I always find 1:1 landscaping an awful lot more hard work than 1:148 (and nowhere as much fun) :wink:
Memran

Post by Memran »

Wow I really, really like your cliffs! I need to find a place to copy you (again) on my layout! :D
PinkNosedPenguin

Not done a lot of modelling recently, but to celebrate some small progress (and the NRM site being available again :lol:) I thought I'd post some shots of one corner of the layout where I have been ballasting, rail painting, installing some plaster-cast retaining walls (from eBay, matching the tunnel mouth) and the start of some landscaping . . .
ImageIMG_5950 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5949 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5951 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr
End2end

Post by End2end »

It just get's better :)
Looking forward to seeing how you bed the retaining walls in.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Robmag

Post by Robmag »

That's looking really good, do you have a particular seller you buy your plaster cast walls from please,

Rob.
whynot

Post by whynot »

You make it look so easy! How do you prevent the (presumably) plaster mesh sagging between each support? Mine would look like a roller coaster!

I've always greatly liked and admired this layout - and it just gets better.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

PinkNosedPenguin wrote:Not done a lot of modelling recently, but to celebrate some small progress (and the NRM site being available again :lol:) I thought I'd post some shots of one corner of the layout where I have been ballasting, rail painting, installing some plaster-cast retaining walls (from eBay, matching the tunnel mouth) and the start of some landscaping . . .
ImageIMG_5950 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5949 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5951 by Pink Nosed Penguin, on Flickr
I have avoided covering any part of track that I can't reach for cleaning, can I ask how you would clean your track located under tunne? I would love to do make more tunnels but access to track would be an issue, unless I made them removable but then it's difficult to blend with the rest of the scenery.
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

This layout just goes from strength to strength. I really like the slope on that tunnel roof - the whole thing looks very effective. I still can't get over the fact that this is only built on a table football table.
ParkeNd

Post by ParkeNd »

All well worth doing PNP. It's also a masterclass in workmanship and high quality modeling for all N gauge enthusiasts. Keep up the good work.
PinkNosedPenguin

Wow, wasn't expecting that many responses . . . !
End2end wrote:Looking forward to seeing how you bed the retaining walls in.
Copious use of bushes is my preferred method :D
Robmag wrote:That's looking really good, do you have a particular seller you buy your plaster cast walls from please,
I got them from bigbaggles and very pleased with them.
whynot wrote:How do you prevent the (presumably) plaster mesh sagging between each support? Mine would look like a roller coaster!
Actually its kitchen towels soaked in diluted PVA (i.e. paper mache). I usually fill inbetween the supports with pieces of foam but couldn't here because of the track underneath. So I just tried to stretch the paper pieces as I laid them - any bad sags will be filled in with polyfilla once its all dry :wink:
Marcus wrote:can I ask how you would clean your track located under tunnel?
I do most of my track cleaning by pads underneath rolling stock soaked in IPA - it should stay fairly dust-free under there (he says optimistically!). I have an access hole underneath for serious derailments but not really expecting to do track cleaning by that route.
skyblue wrote:I still can't get over the fact that this is only built on a table football table.
Yes its all very small skyblue - not a lot of table football has been played over the last year or so 8)
ParkeNd wrote:Keep up the good work.
Thanks ParkeNd, haven't heard much from you lately - have you been taking a break from modelling?
carnehan

Post by carnehan »

You may be doing things in short bursts at the moment but what you do is always top drawer stuff. The tunnel is no exception. I look forward to seeing it develop.

Paul
ceejaydee

Post by ceejaydee »

I like your layout pnp and have enjoyed reading through the entire thread several times :D
Regards
Christopher D.
ParkeNd

Post by ParkeNd »

PinkNosedPenguin wrote:Wow, wasn't expecting that many responses . . . !

ParkeNd wrote:Keep up the good work.
Thanks ParkeNd, haven't heard much from you lately - have you been taking a break from modelling?
Have been modelling every day - nearly finished what I planned to do - four photos in March will pretty well complete the coverage of "Parkend" the layout.

Have also visited the forum most days - and had to comment on your layout. Overall though my experience over two and a half years doesn't seem to translate into any value to help others so my forum activity has dwindled into "lurking" I suppose. But I will post four more photos - not ready yet.
PinkNosedPenguin

ParkeNd wrote:Overall though my experience over two and a half years doesn't seem to translate into any value to help others so my forum activity has dwindled into "lurking" I suppose.
You really must stop saying these sorts of things - they are simply not true. Anyway, *I* missed you :D