The 2015 Forum Competition

Vote and comment on New Railway Modellers Competitions.
skyblue

Re: The 2015 Forum Competition

Post by skyblue »

Well done to all concerned, and especially PinkNosedPenguin for a well deserved win. I really need to up my game though - I've come last in every single competition so far! 8)
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

A well deserved win congratulations PNP
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

skyblue wrote:Well done to all concerned, and especially PinkNosedPenguin for a well deserved win. I really need to up my game though - I've come last in every single competition so far! 8)
No votes for Bufferstop's entry?

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

luckymucklebackit wrote:No votes for Bufferstop's entry?

Jim
Good point. It's so hard to decide who to vote for though, as they are all so different!
End2end

Post by End2end »

A hearty congratulations to all entrants and to PNP for winning.
All entries were excellent and very hard to pick a winner but well done to all and thanks for all the effort put in by each one of you.
Truly excellent modelling chaps :D
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
PinkNosedPenguin

Post by PinkNosedPenguin »

Wow - what a nice start to the weekend :lol:
I had no expectation of even doing particularly well, let alone winning! Many thanks indeed to you voters 8)
However, I am pleased with the end result of my sector plate - it has made a huge difference to operating the layout by being able to store so much stock in such a small space. I think the fact that my project was a little different is probably what prompted people to vote for it, But as far as I am concerned we are all winners, no matter how many votes we received - so well done all, for another successful NRM competition!
skyblue wrote:Well done to all concerned, and especially PinkNosedPenguin for a well deserved win. I really need to up my game though - I've come last in every single competition so far! 8)
Skyblue - you didn't really come last in the June Compettion - that accolade went to me, as I didn't get any votes that time :lol:
Notroh

Post by Notroh »

[quote="PinkNosedPenguin"]Wow - what a nice start to the weekend :lol:
I had no expectation of even doing particularly well, let alone winning! Many thanks indeed to you voters 8)
However, I am pleased with the end result of my sector plate - it has made a huge difference to operating the layout by being able to store so much stock in such a small space. I think the fact that my project was a little different is probably what prompted people to vote for it, But as far as I am concerned we are all winners, no matter how many votes we received - so well done all, for another successful NRM competition!

PNP

You are a worthy winner, even nicer as it pushed you to get on with a project you had been thinking about for a while. My entry was the same and I am so glad this competition spurred me into action.

Thank you so much Alex and well done everyone.

Peter
carnehan

Post by carnehan »

Congratulations, PNP, a worthy winner. It was another fantastic array of projects and everyone should receive a well deserved pat on the back. Alex, thank you for your organisation once again.

Paul
ParkeNd

Post by ParkeNd »

A deserved winner PNP. Technically well conceived, beautiful workmanship, well presented, and very interesting.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

I thought everyone was a winner in their own right. Excellent modelling skills making choosing an overall winner VERY DIFFICULT. Every one of you should be proud of what you have achieved. Well done!

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
nickbrad

Post by nickbrad »

I'll second that, I really did struggle to choose, in the end I chose with no real reason my second and third place positions as I could just as easily have chosen two other entries without regret.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

luckymucklebackit wrote: No votes for Bufferstop's entry?
Jim
Jim even I wouldn't have voted for my entry! Having experimented with the small trees in the orchard I realised that I was capable of doing a far better job on the larger trees in the canal cutting. Doing this was going to be a much longer job than the competition would allow so I terminated the job early. Terminated is an appropriate term to use as definitely "I'll be back".
John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions