AEC Regent III Fire Engine £1.99 1:76 / OO scale

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
End2end

AEC Regent III Fire Engine £1.99 1:76 / OO scale

Post by End2end »

AEC Regent III Fire Engine £1.99 1/76 scale.
http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collecti ... _III_.html
No obligation account can be cancelled after first order with only the £1.99 to pay.
If not cancelled the follwing applies (takin from the atlas website)
Order today and you’ll be placed on our priority delivery service – each month you will receive the latest brand new Classic Fire Engines model. Plus, as an added bonus with your next two deliveries, you will also receive some exclusive FREE gifts. Read on to find out how to take advantage of this unmissable offer.

I purchased their Z scale Flying Scotsman static model for a present for someone then cancelled any further orders once before.
No affilation
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
glencairn

Re: AEC Regent III Fire Engine £1.99 1:76 / OO scale

Post by glencairn »

A good London Fire Engine if building a London railway scene. Then cancel asap any more.

Did that with an Eddie Stobart lorry.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

I had a friend that dealt with them and cancelled and they still sent more models saying that they hadn't received his cancellation. I contacted them saying that I had actually made the cancellation for him by e-mail, which I had and had an acknowledgement of receipt and that he wouldn't be paying for the additional models sent. I also said that if they wanted the models back they had to send a pre-paid label. We never heard any more from them.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)
End2end

Post by End2end »

Yes I must admit I didn't rely on email, I used the phone and spoke to a human to MAKE SURE any further orders were cancelled.
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
jaym481

Post by jaym481 »

End2end wrote:Yes I must admit I didn't rely on email, I used the phone and spoke to a human to MAKE SURE any further orders were cancelled.
Thanks
End2end
Did you record it? As reliable as phone calls are, email also leaves a "paper trail" like the acknowledgement of receipt Lancastrian received. Though I've not dealt with this vendor, I have had occasional issues with phoned-in requests not being fulfilled, and I've had nothing to show for it.
End2end

Post by End2end »

jaym481 wrote:Did you record it? As reliable as phone calls are, email also leaves a "paper trail" like the acknowledgement of receipt Lancastrian received. Though I've not dealt with this vendor, I have had occasional issues with phoned-in requests not being fulfilled, and I've had nothing to show for it.
Unfortunatly not, but I did write down who I was speaking with and time/date of call...just in case.
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
jmelville

Post by jmelville »

End2end wrote:AEC Regent III Fire Engine £1.99 1/76 scale.
http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collecti ... _III_.html
No obligation account can be cancelled after first order with only the £1.99 to pay.
If not cancelled the follwing applies (takin from the atlas website)
Order today and you’ll be placed on our priority delivery service – each month you will receive the latest brand new Classic Fire Engines model. Plus, as an added bonus with your next two deliveries, you will also receive some exclusive FREE gifts. Read on to find out how to take advantage of this unmissable offer.

I purchased their Z scale Flying Scotsman static model for a present for someone then cancelled any further orders once before.
No affilation
Thanks
End2end
Back in my Fire Brigade days drove one of these. They were horrible to drive. LOL.....................John