Old catalogues for interiors idea

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
End2end

Old catalogues for interiors idea

Postby End2end » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 pm

I have been waiting on Mike Wordsworth's new furniture pack for dealing with my interior decorating of my model houses but as yet they are not available.
The other day I picked up an argos catalogue I have, looking for something else when I came across the homeware and furniture pages.
On a couple of pages there are small pictures of long hallway rugs from above which are excellent for my hallways and others that could possibly be used to carpet whole rooms and turning a few more pages I ended up on the ironing boards page, again a bit of careful cutting out means I can have some unique curtains as well.
Plus the bathroom section has some shower curtains that I think can be used too:)
I think I am starting to really get my "MODELLERS EYES"
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bufferstop

Re: Old catalogues for interiors idea

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:29 pm

The Ikea catalogue and their website often have small pictures of the finish for cabinet doors of various types. I have an archive of them for use in model buildings. My directors saloon carved out of an Ian Kirk LNER kit has an oriental carpet on the floor courtesy of a Google search and a mahogany topped table that started life as the catalogue image for an internal door. It's always worth keeping your Modellers Eye open.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

End2end

Re: Old catalogues for interiors idea

Postby End2end » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:52 pm

More excellent ideas there Bufferstop!! :)
Funny enough I saved a few roof pictures from google images to get some prototype ideas for painting my buildings just yesterday.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Return to “New discoveries???”