Howes of Kidlington, Oxford

What do you want from a model railway shop?
ollieollieollie

Howes of Kidlington, Oxford

Post by ollieollieollie »

I recently treated a Bachmann class 47 to a sound chip & speaker & after some research punted for one from Howes. Apart from the superb sound that now comes from the loco (best I've heard) I have to say that the service from the guys there was excellent too. A bit of a sound novice, they were friendly when I spoke to them & provided an efficient service - so good that I have now had 2 Bachmann 37's re-blown by them - again superb sound. A bit more expensive than a couple of the others but well worth it!
Worth a mention me thinks.
Other suppliers take note - if you are rude to customers on the phone & e-mail then they spend their money elsewhere!
Peterdn6

Re: Howes of Kidlington, Oxford

Post by Peterdn6 »

bought some r/c tanks from them.there sevice was spot on.they sent me a replacement tank verry quicky,as the first had been damaged in transit.a pleasure to deal with them.
Cede Nullis
bocaj

Post by bocaj »

I will be buying sound from them in the futer, possibly my first sound one. Well, the chip for it!
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

Will be sending my sound Jubilee 45593 Kolhapur to be reblown, its terrible!
ollieollieollie

Post by ollieollieollie »

Oh man! Just got a reblown Class 20 & 25 back from them. Brilliant. So why can't the manufacturers do it? The Bachmann 25 was terrible. It was from one end to the other end of the layout before the engine noise changed from idle to reving. Now it is as responsive as I move the throttle. Had 7 or 8 reblown here now. Can not recomend highly enough.
Ollie
romany

Post by romany »

I am a complete novice. guy at howes was chatting for good half hour, giving advice, explaining best things to get started. very impressed with how friendly,helpful he was. i'll be going back soon