Cheltenham model center, great service.

What do you want from a model railway shop?
CRABFAT

Cheltenham model center, great service.

Post by CRABFAT »

This morning I took a load of switches, points, and point motors to Cheltenham Model center. I`d bought them from there 3 to 4 weeks ago. Having now decided on a trackplan, track and point type, I found I had a lot of surplus stuff I didnt want. I asked a very busy assistant if it was possible to exchange the items for other goods. Without any fuss, he checked with the powers to be and would allow me a full credit for all the items even though I had no receipt. What makes this no questions refund even beter is that the assistant in question was carrying out a stock check at the time and didnt bat an eye at an annoying customer preventing him from doing his work. I even took some items from the pile that he had already checked! The service was 1st class and efficient. It is a rare thing these days to find such good customer care, so thank you. I will definately being going back there again. Chris.
Beep55

Re: Cheltenham model center, great service.

Post by Beep55 »

same applies from me.

Been there 2 weeks in a row and ive always been happy, Lots of info from the staff and so far ive found all the things I need without having to dig for them :D

will be using this shop in the coming months whilst I build up my layout :D
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I too have had a pleasant experience in CMC. I was in Cheltenham last March for a completely different reason to model rail shopping and saw the shop called in to stock up on supplies. Very friendly staff indeed. They would get an A+++ as an ebay seller :D
Hows my driving - Phone me personally if you dare

Post by 46235 »

I saw their advert in the July Railway Modeller quoting the new Farish Standard 2-6-0 as being available June.

I emailed them to ask for a more specific date and got a very curt reply that they did not have an availability date for this model.

If they do not know when its due why on earth are they placing ads quoting available June. Not a happy bunny.
It's only a game of football - it's not a matter of life and death
Witney Flyer

Post by Witney Flyer »

It was very busy in the railway section this morning. I went in to get a new track rubber and came out with one plus a Scenecraft wooden goods shed (is it based on Watlington?) and a new GWR autocoach. Not many new locos in the glass cabinet so business must be good.
I could've bought at least a couple more things if funds allowed...

Strangely, I didn't see the odd fellow behind the til; The one with oily hair..
GWR branchline fan who's being turned towards the Southern!!!!
Adi.p

Post by Adi.p »

Excellent service. Ordered Hornby turntable with free delivery which was expected in 7 business days. Received email that it had been dispatched the same day. Two days later it arrived. If it comes between them and another shop I will go for Cheltenham model centre without a doubt. Fed up being messed around by the senders and the postal service with models these days.
The young railway enthusiast, an endangered species
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

They've always been well stocked when I've used them and one time when I was buying a load of Peco code 75 points the chap behind the counter said hold on and went and found a box from the second hand section and found perfectly good ones at little more than half the price offering me the choice. Took a good look at them, couldn't see any wear or signs of use so saved myself a few bob. Except that I then bought a Ratio water tower kit that I otherwise wouldn't have.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions