Clifton 009 - Llanwyke

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
thebritfarmer

Re: Clifton 009 - Llanwyke

Post by thebritfarmer »

Beautiful layout, always nice to see updates.

Regards
Scott
All Aboooooard !!
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Thanks.

Here's the latest progress on the B3&4 joiner:

SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

I've just caught up with your last couple of updates Jason.

Excellent modelling as always and distinctively recognisable as your 'style'.

I like the little corner unit: It's almost a diorama in it's own right :)
110samec

Post by 110samec »

Its looking really good. Something I think you should know is that there's no k in the welsh alphabet.
Sam
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

SouthernBoy wrote:I've just caught up with your last couple of updates Jason.

Excellent modelling as always and distinctively recognisable as your 'style'.

I like the little corner unit: It's almost a diorama in it's own right :)
Thanks.

I was thinking it was like a diorama as I was building it!
110samec wrote:Its looking really good. Something I think you should know is that there's no k in the welsh alphabet.
Sam
Thanks Sam. Didn't know that.

Will class it as modellers license!
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

First update for ages! Found time to do a few bits.

I’ve finally finished the tunnel area on board 1. Not bad considering it was started in 2007! It was just one of those jobs I kept putting off. It’s finished in a similar manner to the slate mine area on board 2 using actual slate chippings, smashed up into bits for smaller stones, with the main powder coating being slate chippings smashed into dust! I also decided to fasten the top on to improve the appearance. I had left it loose to allow access, but couldn’t disguise the gap well enough. I can reach most things from either end if there is a problem (I think!).

3 carriages have been sat in a drawer unfinished for over 12 months so I have finished them off. They are painted maroon & cream to match the 2 FR bogie carriages already in use. These are DM75 & DM76 kits. They are all numbered have L R on the sides and class numbers on the doors, the bogie carriages have been done similarly.

SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

I love the carriages: The mat paint works well, and I see you've picked out door handles and hinges. Interesting that the second class compartments only have windows to one side - any idea why that was?

Out of curiosity what couplers are you using there?
Great to see an update btw :)
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

SouthernBoy wrote:I love the carriages: The mat paint works well, and I see you've picked out door handles and hinges. Interesting that the second class compartments only have windows to one side - any idea why that was?

Out of curiosity what couplers are you using there?
Great to see an update btw :)
Thanks Southernboy.

I decided to use matt paint on all the stock and satin on the locos. I did consider satin for the carriages. I used a fine point permanent marker to pick out the handles & hinges! Not sure about the windows. Guess you get a better view if you pay for a 1st class ticket!

All my kit built stock has Greenwich couplings on. I also use them on the locos, but don't put the loop on.
SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Greenwich couplings - just looked them up out of interest.

I think there are similar versions for N gauge/2mm (but under a different name) and at some point I need to decide on what to use myself on Frankland in lieu of the standard type that come with N gauge stock.

Interesting that you use mat on carriages and satin on locos ... I can see a logic there.

Well I'll be looking forward to your next update on Clifton 009 - Llanwyke :)
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

The Llanwyke station platforms now have a bit more life in them with the addition of a few Preiser figures:

I need to sort out some signs now.

The fleet of Crosville buses has increase further:

I’ve also bought a fair few extra Pocketbond Classix road vehicles. Hattons have been selling some at half price. Starting prices as little as £2!
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

just read all the way through both of your threads, and it is amazing! I really like the idea of OO9, especially after reading this (although I may have to save those ideas for a long time yet, I'd need a lot more time and skill) anything else happened since, I look forward to updates on this railway, possibly one of my favourites on NRM now.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
engineer dave

Post by engineer dave »

Hi

Just caught up with some of your latest progress. Lovely model, very atmospheric

All the best

Dave
My N Gauge Quarry Layout - Trecarreg http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=14555

Money Talks.....It mostly says "Goodbye!"
egroeg93

Post by egroeg93 »

Still my favourite layout on NRM! Keep it up!
WhitehouseFilms

Post by WhitehouseFilms »

Its been a while since I last looked at this layout, though the photos don't seem to show up anymore. Are they still accessible to see the layout again?
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

The OP hasnt been active for nearly 10 years and like many of us used Photobucket or Flickr to host their photos. Unfortunately these photo hosting sites removed or altered their free hosting service and unless the OP opted for paid storage these links no longer work.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge