Plymouth

What do you want from a model railway shop?
sp10mk11

Plymouth

Post by sp10mk11 »

Hello
I Live in East Cornwall and fortunately there are two excellent model shops within 25 miles of where I live (you have to travel down here for anything)

The first is Chris Crafts in Plymouth, he mainly deals in second hand railways he is very knowledgeable and very helpful and friendly, his shop reminds of the way model shops used to be when I was a lad (late 1960- 1970s), the second is Liskeard Models this shop sells only new railways but again the owners are very helpful and knowledgeable, both these shops are a credit to how a friendly small shop can be.

There is also an antics in Plymouth but I cannot get there now, but when I have visited the shop in the past they again have helpful staff and a good range of models.

it is always easy to get stuff off auction sites but personal service counts for a lot so if it is a shop or toyfair these to me are the best way of purchasing model railways etc
Gary
Foo

Re: Plymouth

Post by Foo »

Antics in plymouth has gone to shyte. A shadow of it former self. I was very disappointed last time I visited. Where is tge other one in plymouth you mentioned? Ive never seen that one.

Theres also a grumpy man in truro's pannier market sells some new and second hand stuff, and ofc kernow if youre willing to go to Camborne :-s

Chris in falmouth
sp10mk11

Re: Plymouth

Post by sp10mk11 »

Chris crafts is up by the Cattedown roundabout (206 Exeter Street) there is parking right outside, there is a parade of shops with a Hoover spares shop, tool shop etc, if you were going east out of Plymouth when you get to the cattedowne roundabout he is on the right

I haven't been to antics for about 4 years now so I have no idea about them now

Oh yes there are other shops but I have difficulty travelling far so I don't go to them.

Gary