Cooper Craft

What do you want from a model railway shop?
rosenblad

Cooper Craft

Post by rosenblad »

Has anyone here had any experience with Cooper Craft? In mid-February I ordered a couple of wagon kits from him. An e-mail confirmed my order and he was very quick to take my payment. I sent him an e-mail asking if all was as it should be but have not heard anything. Is he reliable?
Carpe Diem!
Ex-Pat

Re: Cooper Craft

Post by Ex-Pat »

Bought from him at the Nottingham Exhibition 3 or 4 years ago. Seemed ok. Don't know whether he was due to appear there again last month?

His website indicates trouble with his machine and he is actually suggesting customers don't pay until advised that stock is available. Perhaps problems are still ongoing - do you have a phone package that includes UK calls?

http://www.cooper-craft.co.uk/
ballast

Post by ballast »

Yes I have had a similar experience with Cooper craft
I placed, and paid for my order in December. I have made a number of emails, and phone calls about the delivery of my order. The machine was not producing parts correctly for the lorries I ordered, so I asked if I could be sent the remainder of the order, and wait for the rest of the order to be sent when done.
I am still waiting weeks after asking, for those items, and although the owner seems a genuine person, I believe he has more orders than he can cope with. I have now emailed to ask for a refund, as I honestly think 7 Months is a bit long to have to wait for an order, or even an update on that order. I would recommend purchasing from a shop, where you know at least you get the item. I will wait for a couple more weeks, then make another call. Order at your own risk.
markeg

Post by markeg »

I second the "Order at your own risk"

I have ordered and paid for some Ian Kirk coaches in May last year. So have been waiting for 14 months. Though I am not in a hurry for them. Here is what I know.

Cooper-Craft has changed hands several times over the last few years. Moving form Taunton area to London and back to Taunton area. He has stated in regards to Ian Kirk moulding as they are old that they are some issues with them.

I have contacted him through his website and through RMWeb, but no reply. I only hope that he gets on with fixing these mouldings/machines soon. Not a good way to do business.

Mark in OZ