Ely's Wimbledon - Hornby concession closing down

What do you want from a model railway shop?
sub39h

Ely's Wimbledon - Hornby concession closing down

Post by sub39h »

Some of you will know that Ely's dept store in Wimbledon has a Hornby concession. I went there today and chatted to the chap who runs it, and he informed me that they are shutting down next week. He was willing to offer me 10% off quite a few items that I picked up, but nothing really took my fancy. Also as it's a Hornby concession everything is full RRP so even with a 10% discount they're not massively great value.

HOWEVER I did spot a couple of items of interest, so felt it worth mentioning to the forum. I saw 2 Mk3 DVTs in Intercity Swallow livery priced at £33.50. I considered buying them both and whacking them on eBay for a small profit, but decided it wouldn't be worth the effort. Definitely a bargain tho, I picked one up a few weeks ago from an online site (only one I could find) and that was for nearly £50!

Also in stock are 2x Flying Scotsman USA Tour packs for £110 each. The boxes are both very tatty, but the models are in pristine condition.

Happy modelling folks.
hiffano

Re: Ely's Wimbledon - Hornby concession closing down

Post by hiffano »

!!! i got £12 for my dvt!
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay
sub39h

Re: Ely's Wimbledon - Hornby concession closing down

Post by sub39h »

hiffano wrote:!!! i got £12 for my dvt!
really? i checked completed listings on eBay going for around the same price i paid