70000 on the Royal Train - 24th January.

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
PeterH

70000 on the Royal Train - 24th January.

Post by PeterH »

Has anyone else noticed that this was running with the incorrect Royal Headcode? It is missing the lamp on the top bracket. Major oversight from someone there!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.
kennyGWSR

Re: 70000 on the Royal Train - 24th January.

Post by kennyGWSR »

Yes i noticed, i read the caption of the photo i saw it on and it said something about it, will try to find it.
Paul5337

Post by Paul5337 »

I was once told that only the queen gets all 4 lamps, any other member of the royal family only has the 3 bottom lamps. Don't know how true that is. I know I wouldn't be volunteering to put a lamp on the top bracket while standing under the wires though.
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

I've not heard of that before, but that would also explain why 60163 was also missing a lamp on the top bracket when she conveyed HRH Prince Charles a few years back. I thought the three bottom brackets filled meant a through freight or mineral train...
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

It appears all the headcodes should be 4

3 along the bottom and one on top, whether diesel or steam and stayed the same up until 1977
All Aboooooard !!
roadie stu

Post by roadie stu »

6024 only had 3 lamps on the bufferbeam when it hauled the royal train on the Severn Valley a few years back, but it did have the Prince of Wales headboad hung on the top lamp bracket

hope this helps

Cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault