BAWBLE under construction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
m1racleman

BAWBLE under construction

Post by m1racleman »

After a lot of cursing, I have now completed the baseboards. It looks a lot bigger than I thought so I've got my work cut out getting it built. ANY VOLUNTEERS ???
Here's a couple of pics to give you a feel of it.
Attachments
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG (112.96 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG (125.39 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Nihl permitos non compus mentus illigitimmi carborundum
Ex-Pat

Re: BAWBLE under construction

Post by Ex-Pat »

I don't wish to appear pessimistic, but I think volunteers might be rather thin on the ground with the prospect of falling down a large hole!

You seem to have put a partial floor in - but how big and deep is the "hole" and will you be putting more floor in?

What area are the baseboards, and what gauge will you be?
m1racleman

Post by m1racleman »

Ex-Pat wrote:I don't wish to appear pessimistic, but I think volunteers might be rather thin on the ground with the prospect of falling down a large hole!

You seem to have put a partial floor in - but how big and deep is the "hole" and will you be putting more floor in?

What area are the baseboards, and what gauge will you be?
Hole? What hole??? Have a look at this thread http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 20&t=36314 and you will see the set up, although it has changed a bit. There is now a removable section of floor that sits above the fan in order to get at the sections nearest the chimney breast. ( am I allowed to say BREAST on here?)The total area of the baseboards is, and I had to get my abacus out for this, just under 7 sq mtrs and the overall size is 5.20 x 2.44 mtr, each section is 600mm wide except where the stairs intrude and the bridge above the fireplace. According to the track plan, there will be around 60 mtrs of track and that's a lot of ballast in my world. :roll:
Silly me, :oops: I forgot to mention that it is N gauge so that means about 5.7 miles of scale track.
auricom

Post by auricom »

That's a great space for N gauge. Can't wait to see it develop. Are you going DCC for it?
Chris

Bookseller, philosopher and brutally forthright. If you don't like what I say, so what?
m1racleman

Post by m1racleman »

auricom wrote:That's a great space for N gauge. Can't wait to see it develop. Are you going DCC for it?
I actually was thinking about taking the plunge into DCC but after days of trawling the net all I have found out about it is nothing ! There seems to be no way of finding what is best for me coz as usual, not even the manufacturers can tell me what I gets for me money !!
I like the idea of EZ command but cannot for the life of me fathom out what equipment I would need and particularly, what range the wireless controllers have? How many locos can I run at the same time? They might
appear to be a silly questions but as I will be operating it mainly on my own, they are vital to me.Also, would I need a power booster as I have such a large layout ( or will have )
If I need all the add-ons that they sell, I most certainly could not afford it even though I only have 6 locos to chip. It appears that at least 3 of these cannot be done due to space constraints, or so I am told.