The Return of the King

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
Whittington5021

The Return of the King

Post by Whittington5021 »

I want to thank Hornby for the new version of the King which is in it's BR Blue guise and 6023 I wish them well with the locomotive using that particular molding they are using there are two more variaions they can do now.

Post war 1945 G crest W Green
Post 1952 BR Green livery with cycling lion livery (This the one I want since the whole class was in this livery before the double chimneys were fitted from 1955 onwards)

Hornby have a sale of 6023 in it's blue form, from my son this yeat but sorry I am waiting for the green version I don't think I am the only one.
kennyGWSR

Re: The Return of the King

Post by kennyGWSR »

I will be getting 6023 in blue, its stunning, i love the real loco in this livery too! Although i have yet to see it in the livery (only on photos) I hope 6000 King George V is done soon, double chimney, early crest on the tender and bell! :D
siquelme

Post by siquelme »

Well I want to create a model of King Edward 1 as it is now in BR crest so wouldnt mind one of those
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/
Phipps

Post by Phipps »

Let's just hope there'll be enough 6023s to go around............
Alexander Court

Post by Alexander Court »

i want the king in blue, not sure i can afford it tho :(

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"
jcm@gwr

Post by jcm@gwr »

I know that colour/looks are subjective, [beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc.]
But when i see a blue King I am reminded of what Hawksworth said when he was
informed of BR's exparimental colour schemes.
"Now I know why I lost the use of my eyes" [or words to that effect!]
Each to their own I guess!
Cheers, Jeff
Whittington5021

Post by Whittington5021 »

I know that colour/looks are subjective, [beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc.]
I quite agree with that statement but BR green with cycling lion livery is for me and the single chimney
as well. :D
bocaj

Post by bocaj »

I will hopefully getting 6023, but it depends if there is any left in Augoust, I might ask for it for my Birthday. But If theres not, I don't think it will egsactly be a huge disaster, as there is pleanty of other things I'm after.

Jacob :D
Phipps

Post by Phipps »

In theory,the shade o blue should be darker than that depicted in the promo photographs.
The blue they used for 60024 Kingfisher is beautiful & in no way like the royal blue you see.
roadie stu

Post by roadie stu »

I read in Heritage Rail's model railway segment that the model of 6023 will only be avaliable in a limited number (1000 units), so you'll have to be quick if you want one,

Cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault
Pannier09

Post by Pannier09 »

Alexander Court wrote:i want the king in blue, not sure i can afford it tho :(
And I'm in the same position.
Alexander Court

Post by Alexander Court »

Pannier09 wrote:
Well i'm fairly certain now that i can't afford it, seeings as its apparently going to be limited 1000, oh well, at least i don't have to fork out for a new 2P, my triang one went a little funny today, nearly set fire to itself, but it seems fine now, and its loco drive too, like the new ones, shame its in LMS not sdjr :P

I have a blue king, a lima king charles the second, tender drive and missing one of the tender weight, and not as nice as a new one :P

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"
Pannier09

Post by Pannier09 »

Alexander Court wrote:
Pannier09 wrote:
Well i'm fairly certain now that i can't afford it, seeings as its apparently going to be limited 1000, oh well, at least i don't have to fork out for a new 2P, my triang one went a little funny today, nearly set fire to itself, but it seems fine now, and its loco drive too, like the new ones, shame its in LMS not sdjr :P

I have a blue king, a lima king charles the second, tender drive and missing one of the tender weight, and not as nice as a new one :P
If the case is that they are limited to 1000 then I might have to miss out and buy the cheaper models.
Beep55

Post by Beep55 »

Anybody have any idea if these have been retooled? I saw a King Loco in Model Zone which did look quite pleasing.

I will be getting a King Class Loco... I think KE II in blue with some Crimson and Cream coaches will look the business!
Phipps

Post by Phipps »

Pre-ordered one from MRD.There's not a lot else from Hornby I'm fussed about this year & it was a superb day I had over at Dereham last year being behind it with my Dad & son :wink: