QBR (Quarry Bank Railway) ~ Quarry Bank 00

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
JJT

Re: QBR (Quarry Bank Railway) ~ Quarry Bank 00

Post by JJT »

Hi,

I was thinking for your Standard 4 2-6-0's re-number one to 76079 (Ian Riley's), thats what I would do if modelling a preserved railway.
JJT,
Visit my site and register at; http://www.jtmodelling.webs.com
Thanks
NNR.76079

Post by NNR.76079 »

or just buy a version of it that bachmann sell. Its not owned by Ian Riley anymore, sold to the North Yorks Moors on 2009
If it steam and runs on rails i like it.
If its big, red and goes 'NEE-NAW' i like it
Two Hoots

Post by Two Hoots »

Would it be possible to have some pictures of Canadian Pacific? I'm thinking of saving up for one.
35011 GSN

Post by 35011 GSN »

JJT wrote:Hi,

I was thinking for your Standard 4 2-6-0's re-number one to 76079 (Ian Riley's), thats what I would do if modelling a preserved railway.
it would be easier to buy the bachmann model as has been said. I'm not desperate for it though, I'm much happier with 76053 and using modellers license to have that loco preserved :D
Two Hoots wrote:Would it be possible to have some pictures of Canadian Pacific? I'm thinking of saving up for one.
yes, I shall do that next time I'm up and photos should be on within a couple of days. you'll need deep pockets for 35005 mind, mine cost £100 2nd hand.

in other news, purchased today were some road signs, a noch forklift truck, some DIY station signs, and a couple of pots of paint. oh and the light has been repaired. the N gauge layout has sucessfully been moved into my attic, however, it did not fit where i had intended it to go. instead it went opposite and can still meet my already existing layout by means of an extension
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

JJT wrote:Hi,

Would be incorrect as 76079 never had a high sided tender...only the southern region 4mts did dur to the lac of water troughs...
Anyway its larrys layout, what he gets is up to him, his railway, anythings preserved...
Two Hoots

Post by Two Hoots »

35011 GSN wrote:
yes, I shall do that next time I'm up and photos should be on within a couple of days. you'll need deep pockets for 35005 mind, mine cost £100 2nd hand.
Thanks! I don't know why but I love British Rail express blue, and I've been meaning to get some southern stuff. :D I found one or two really expensive brand new ones, and a couple of cheaper ones on ebay. :)
Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Post by Durseytu »

Finally caught up on this one. Blimey there were a lot of posts since I last looked!

Tip... put the cab doors on and it does wonders for hiding the gaps between tender and loco. I found that the draw bar seemed to be a bit too long even for set-track radius bends:

Also that Deltic in the background. You have allowed what looks like a bridge section to fall on it. Disgraceful if you ask me! :P

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage
35011 GSN

Post by 35011 GSN »

thanks, yeah I fitted the doors sometime after that photo - think that was a running in session. I agree about the drawbar but I know if I swap it things will start to go wrong :lol: its just sods law :lol:

haha its ok though, its only a lima class 40 :wink: the bridge hadn't fallen dont worry :lol: I'm having to chop and modify several dapol footbridge kits to fit on my station. the bridge will eventually link 2 platforms and the high level town section

many thanks for looking :D

Larry
35011 GSN

Post by 35011 GSN »

picture time!!

Alexander Court

Post by Alexander Court »

looking very nice in all gauges :P

Ah theres 676 again, you must have stolen it back ;)

that american n gauge diesel does look a little out of place if you don't mind my saying :P

Alex :mrgreen:

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"
Two Hoots

Post by Two Hoots »

Thanks for all those pictures of Canadian Pacific! I am definitely going to get one of those! :D
35011 GSN

Post by 35011 GSN »

haha you're very welcome :)
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

Durseytu wrote:Finally caught up on this one. Blimey there were a lot of posts since I last looked!

Tip... put the cab doors on and it does wonders for hiding the gaps between tender and loco. I found that the draw bar seemed to be a bit too long even for set-track radius bends:

Also that Deltic in the background. You have allowed what looks like a bridge section to fall on it. Disgraceful if you ask me! :P

Cheers,

Stuart
For your information that is a class 40, it looks nothing like a Deltic. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:For your information that is a class 40, it looks nothing like a Deltic
Actually, I can see the similarity's of the class 40 & 55 deltic at 1st sight - they're both large locomotives & both have "bonnets" in front of cab windows :wink:

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

No offense but there is no similarity they are both totally different a Deltic looks nothing like a 40 or a 37. Look at them in close up :lol:

Mod Edit: You are starting to get up the noses of quite a few members AGAIN, sort yourself out or move on
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal