East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
iankemp

Re: GCR in Scotland! latest project Class 45015 last pages!

Post by iankemp »

Oh dear the bug has got me now! I have started Class 46010 and also a Class 45 has also had the same treatment now. Class 45039 Manchester Regiment (D49 in original BR Green) will now get the nose lifted, resprayed in to BR blue, double glazed, detailed, renumber and renamed to Class 45112 'Royal Army Ordnance Corps'.
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

iankemp wrote:double glazed
Hi Ian, I'm interested in what you mean by this term :?

Anyway , I was wondering if you had any plans to portray a class 45 etc in a dilapidated, run down & half stripped condition ?

Cheers,
Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
Dead Man's Handle

Post by Dead Man's Handle »

I hope it's not wood grain effect UPVC.
My bits and pieces

Dole scrubbers build 'em best!
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

hmm how did that word "double" get in there? Grrr mind was else where!
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

as for the that idea Dave, i will keep it in mind but may do that further down the line so to speak!
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

Thats a pity about the double glazing, I was going to suggest you convert a Cararama Ford Transit or Mercedes LWB van to a Glass fitters van complete with "SafeStyle UK" insignia logo's :wink:

Do you have any class 44 / 45 or 46 non runners you'd be interested in selling to me for me portraying what I've suggested ?

Your work on them is very inspiring & certainly sets a standard for the rest of us to aspire :) , I very much look forward seeing any that you portray "sidelined for scrap" for your possible future project.
Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

0121modeller wrote: Do you have any class 44 / 45 or 46 non runners you'd be interested in selling to me for me portraying what I've suggested ?
Not at the moment i haven't but as soon as i have one i will send ya a message!
iankemp

Re: GCR in Scotland! latest projects are Class 45 & Class 46

Post by iankemp »

I have been pricing up on how much the parts will be to do the class 45 that i am renumbering and renaming. I have metal castings of the high intensity light. I am going to be getting the side grid panels, some more transfers and name plates for it! This is gonna be the former D49 The Manchest Regiment (in BR green).

This is the Peak i am gonna be doing!
45112_5_DY_150404.jpg
45112_5_DY_150404.jpg (144.9 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
20013190.jpg
20013190.jpg (215.89 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

I have decided to remove the bridge that was in the embankment. I have been thinking that i could use that space of board for an extensive sidings that will have all my wagons and maybe my coaching stock. The bit that had the bridge in will be filled in and then covered with plaster and also modrock. I just felt that replacing the bridge would take a bit too long to do as i have so much to do on it and as the bridge got damaged when moving home i felt it was the best solution. There maybe other bridges going in along the layout if a decide to do Dumbarton East as that has a station platform on it going over the road.
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

Due to flooding Charnwood Council have decided to do some flood defences of their own. They have filled in the bridge and part of the canal. As you can see they have left some of the old bridge in situ, but some has had to be removed due to safety.

iankemp

Post by iankemp »

Hi all

I found a class 46 body shell that i forgot i had but the chassis is in need of sorting out as it needs some work on the motor. I have decided to make it look like that it is being worked on with the roof doors to the power unit open. i will also think about cutting the doors so they look like they are open. but i will take my time with it as i don't want to mess it up by rushing it.
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

This lunchtime i heard a very unusual sound come from Dumbarton Central and i found that this was where and what the sound was coming from!

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... EO0001.mp4
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

46010 has now had flush glazing to it now. hopefully within the next few days it will have the rest of the detailing added and then the transfers will be added as well. Work is slowly progressing on 45112 as well. It has now got partial glazing done.
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

Hi all just a wee update for you.

I haven't forgotten my layout. I have just been busy with a few other things. I went to my new local model shop and i have found some midland yard lamps ( simular to Peaks on his layout!) It was my birthday yesterday and i went to the model shop and bought myself a few bits (including the yard lamp) also a few bits for building stuff and a mk2 coach! I have still got some money left so Tuesday i will be going in to Glasgow again and spend the rest of it on another coach. I have been eyeing up a hornby mk3 coach that is the correct scale and not the older types! (ok i have got a few of the older types but they will be used for something.

I have been detailing a hornby large logo class 47, it has now got snowploughs on it. I must admit, it does look good and it just needs the pipes adding to it. I have now covered the bare plaster with modrock and painted it. I have decided to use that area for either a steam shed area or a goods yard but the first idea is becoming more the thought for it. Unfortunately the Toton side of the original idea has now gone out of the window due to the lack of space. but i do intend of trying to give it a bit of a Toton feel to a part of the layout though.

The midland yard lamps can be found on the rmlectronics website. http://www.rmlectronics.co.uk/page3.htm

I have got 2 of these so far, i am intending on trying to build my own if i can to cut expenses down a bit.