Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Postby bizzyd6405 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:09 am

so after laying the track, i nipped along to my local model shop with the intention of getting a couple of new points as some of the ones i removed from the previous version of Lordsbridge had become damaged unfortunalety i cam out with more then i planned this included:

1. a bachmann scenecraft office block, which i intend to use this as the TMD office and replace the old skaledale porter cabin which i used previously
2. a bachmann scenecraft line side hut, which intend to use next to the main line on the out skirt of the TMD
3. a three pack of hornby railroad wagons in dutch, they are here only £9 not the best models in the world but once i re-wheel them and weather them there go nicely with my other departmental rolling stock.
4. the Bachmann scenecraft station modernisation pack, seen as the ticket machines are NSE i couldn't resist :D
5. the Bachmann scenecraft modern toilets, probably use these in the station car park
5. two Dapol Tool vans, these will look good with the break down crane.
6. the metcalfe platform kit.

so all in all a good day, i'll try and get some pics up soon but at the mo the misses has the camera :oops:

so i have plenty to be getting on with.

ChrisWV10

Postby ChrisWV10 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 pm

NIce little haul there Darren. It's nice coming home from a shopping trip with lots of bits n bobs and not blowing the budget :oops: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time around... and .... Welcome back!

C. :)

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:34 am

right as promised here's some pictures of my latest purchases.

the cheap Hornby wagon

now weathered

looks much better, i have re-wheeled them as well so they run smooth, only down side is my tamiya weathering powders have run out :(, thou i guess this gives me an excuss to visit the model shop again. :)

i'm thinking of placing the signal box in the corner, as the aim is to try an use as much of the buildings from the previous layout, i may move it as i haven't decided if i like it there yet.

the class 08 is shunting my new dapol tool wagons

as i have few days off work i'm gonna try and get started on the hill if that goes well then i'll start on the station, i'm going to try and work from the back forward this time as with my previous attempts i raced ahead with working on the front bit then found reaching the back was a major pain in the ass and usually ment breaking something as i lent over.
so thats the plan well as long as i can stay off STO long enough to do it lol

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:26 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:so after laying the track, i nipped along to my local model shop with the intention of getting a couple of new points as some of the ones i removed from the previous version of Lordsbridge had become damaged unfortunalety i cam out with more then i planned this included:

1. a bachmann scenecraft office block, which i intend to use this as the TMD office and replace the old skaledale porter cabin which i used previously
2. a bachmann scenecraft line side hut, which intend to use next to the main line on the out skirt of the TMD
3. a three pack of hornby railroad wagons in dutch, they are here only £9 not the best models in the world but once i re-wheel them and weather them there go nicely with my other departmental rolling stock.

so all in all a good day, i'll try and get some pics up soon but at the mo the misses has the camera :oops:

so i have plenty to be getting on with.

Hi Darren, totally agree not the best,but with weathering they will look good, Model Railways expensive so i am also looking at going down the Hornby road for my fuel train. :D :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 am

Hello again people I'm back, been a while since I posted anything here mainly due to the fact that I decided to take a break from modelling as a disaster struck lordsbridge and it's taken me a while to get the motivation back to redo the layout, the disaster in question was my other halfs brother had a few mates over when they decided to start throwing a football at each other and needless to say very soon it ended up smashing into the layout, lucky most the rolling stock was off the layout at the time but the 4 cep and the class 08 where damaged, along with most the buildings and bits in the TMD which included smashing my bachmann single road shed into several prices :(. So with the mess cleaned up I decided to take the layout down and it's been like that for a while now how ever I'm in the process of relaying the track so I think I might start a new thread for the new layout, so unfortunately lordsbridge is no more bit here's to hoping the next layout survives longer

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”