Castle Cross - Trains! (P71)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
trainsandco

Re: Castle Cross - New Old Video (P49)

Postby trainsandco » Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Just something else on the Video front, another one has been made, I was told to do this by a friend, as it's a video showing all of my old video's compiled into one, just to show people how my video editing skills have progressed over the years.

It will be uploaded tomorrow, it is 307mb big and 33:20 long, so its not for the faint hearted ;) Its not all to do with trains although there are a few videos to do with trains in there models and real :)

Ben
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Sun May 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Well, I had a little play in the loft today, no pictures, no videos.

For the next few weeks, I'm not going to be around much due to a virus on my laptop meaning that I need to restart completely.

This also means that no videos will be uploaded either, as with the main home computer, the firefox cannot stay open long enough to upload anything.

Ben
Last edited by trainsandco on Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

81D & 55A

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Such a nuisance! Hopefully it will be an easy fix, although the last time I got a virus it was pretty much a given that I had to re-format the hard drive and re-install the OS. Which that in itself isn't so much of a problem, it's making sure everything is backed up and then sitting watch progress bars all day which takes forever! :cry:

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 am

Well, Laptop is slowly on the mend, I only have one AS Level exam left, and the deadline is closing in on the Spring Scenery competition, so soon there will be some more updates coming then!

On new additions, I have recieved a Triang GWR Horse Box and a Dapol GWR Gunpowder Van. I also have a Dapol Pug kit in the post which will primarily be heading onto the scenery competition but will then be a resident on Castle Cross!

Video wise, I still have that Half hour video to upload to youtube, I will do that when my laptop is back on its feet as it will need to be on for a while because, as you can expect a half hour video isn't going to be small mb wise!

Just to keep you happy, here is a video of an event that I went to at the weekend, nothing to do with trains, although there was a steam bus thingy there,

BCDO

Ben

81D & 55A

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

My pug is now effectively complete :) painted and 'transfered up'it just needs the cab and boiler to be stuck onto the running plate and its all done.

I'm also 'transfereing up' my Hawker Hurricane

Also rather sillyily I have signed up for another competition, of which I will start after finishing the NRMF comp, this one is from Rmweb, and I will be making Selham Railway station. But this one is going to remain more in the loft, as my dad has got a bit annoyed at me using the Dining Table! Also you may see an SR loco making its way into the fleet - Maybe.

Pictures of the pug will be up when it is completely complete! :)

Ben

81D & 55A

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

My Pug is now 99.9% complete :) Just got to wait for the glue to dry on the reversing gear rod.

And here is a picture. Just for those people with old school 3D Glasses :)

Ben :mrgreen:

81D & 55A

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 pm

For starters, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating very much, and thats for a very simple reason - I haven't been doing any work on Castle Cross really, I'm having a bit of an 'Off Period' from my layout at the moment, not from trains, as I'm still doing work on 9351 (its slowly progressing ;) ) and also work at Didcot (which is very phyiscally tiring at the moment! )

Hopefully sometime soon, I'll be back for a while :)

Ben

81D & 55A

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

81D & 55A

kennyGWSR

Re: Castle Cross - New Commissions (P50)

Postby kennyGWSR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm

very professional ;) and sounds good too! :D
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

siquelme

Postby siquelme » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:20 pm

So great models looking forward to seeing how the railmotor and the pacific turn out.

Are you building them yourself or did you get someone to build them for you?
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

manormadman

Postby manormadman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I agree, that sounds good.
I'll look forward to it. :)
Cheers Seb
:D

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 pm

I'll be doing all of them myself, and all of them will be conversions from product available on the market.

9351 is a conversion from a Dapol Prairie Tank kit and an old mainline Manor Body

The Rail-Motor will be a conversion from Auto Coaches and a chassis from a Hornby 0-4-0

The broad gauge loco will be made from Lord of the isles (or Hornby Emily) and dean goods loco body

County tank is another Dapol Prairie Tank modification with some Hornby 'Saint' Wheels

47xx is the one that is the furthest into the future, as for that I would need 2 Bachmann/Mainline 43xx locomotives - of which i cant really afford atm!

And the great bear - this is the most challenging as I hope to get an old Hornby King and modify that.

Ben

81D & 55A

siquelme

Postby siquelme » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm

trainsandco wrote:And the great bear - this is the most challenging as I hope to get an old Hornby King and modify that.
Ben

Ooo that is interesting you found instructions on the net or you just winging it? ... Was thinking about attempting to build the great bear once I finally finish my 94xx and Lord of the Isles
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 pm

trainsandco wrote:I'll be doing all of them myself, and all of them will be conversions from product available on the market.

This could be quite interesting. Do make sure that you post photos as you go along Ben - I'm interested in doing a couple of those, too. The County tank in particular sounds good - would you not rather use an old Airfix body rather than the ancient Dapol kit ?

siquelme wrote:once I finally finish my 94xx and Lord of the Isles

How is your LotL coming along ?

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Wit h most of them I'll just be 'winging' it, but that said I do have the Swindon drawings of all those mentioned, except 9351 and the broad gauge loco. Regarding the broad gauge loco it just going to be a freelance loco, not particuarly based on anything.

I will be taking photos during the builds, with exception of 9351, as thats nearly finished, just needs the boiler, glued and filed into place, the motion added and painted (not in that order) oh...and a tender!

Regarding the Prairie tank on the county tank, I was going to use that, as I know what there is, and also its very easy to work with, as you dont have to be cutting up large lumps of metal, or plastic, in the fact that its all flat already therefore making the required conversion easy. The things that need converting on the kit are the size of the side tanks, the wheel arches and the wheel placement.

Ben

81D & 55A

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”