West Lulworth in O - Photo Update (Pg9)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
tom92240

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby tom92240 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm

S&D 7F 53808 and ex-LMS Jinty 47316 underwent their last runs on the line yesterday prior to going to their new homes.

Both locos double headed for most of the day on a 9 Car LMS dining train. After lunch the double headed pair split and ran 2 spereate goods trains before reconveining for a final double headed special in the evening. The day was rounded off by 47316 taking the relief portion of the train on a few runs, and 53808 on the rest of the train. Both engines ran faultlessly all day (typical!).

Elsewhere on the line, Class 33 was hauling 3 car Mk1 set + SR van B and LNER B1 saw duty on a number of goods and long passenger workings. Photos were taken of the double headers only.

ste234

Postby ste234 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 pm

I love the look of this one, O Gauge layouts have something so good about them, so tempting!!
The cab ride video is great, are the signals linked to the points or just switched?

If i ever get the space and money for O, I would have to have BR blue diesels :wink:
Keep the pic's and vid's coming,
Ste :)
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm

ste234 wrote:are the signals linked to the points or just switched?

The signalling is interlocked with the pointwork, and we even have a sort of single line token working in place and as a result each station is interlocked with each station.

I say a token system, it works as follows (in simple as I can for those who aren't signallers). The middle station is "king". The middle station can send trains up and down without needing permission. The 2 end stations have to ask for permission from the middle station to send trains where the middle station gives a release on the section signal (the last signal before a train enters a single line section). The section signals are 1 pull only, if you fluff it up, the signal won't go to line clear. Once a train has activated a track circuit and passed the home signal of the middle station and this is replaced, the section goes back to line clear.

Clever stuff all put in by a friend of ours!

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:53 am

tom92240 wrote:S&D 7F 53808 and ex-LMS Jinty 47316 underwent their last runs on the line yesterday prior to going to their new homes.

Both locos double headed for most of the day on a 9 Car LMS dining train. After lunch the double headed pair split and ran 2 spereate goods trains before reconveining for a final double headed special in the evening. The day was rounded off by 47316 taking the relief portion of the train on a few runs, and 53808 on the rest of the train. Both engines ran faultlessly all day (typical!).

Elsewhere on the line, Class 33 was hauling 3 car Mk1 set + SR van B and LNER B1 saw duty on a number of goods and long passenger workings. Photos were taken of the double headers only.

Oh well, soon have a 9F barking along with a long freight in tow, plus the layout is better when at least 1 sound loco is running :P
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Oooh nice photographs, looking forward to seeing the 9f chuffing around. I have to say that I didn't notice the cab ride video and have just seen it now. Lovely stuff! You should get a video up of the 9f!

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:07 pm

9F needs buidling first!

Also, Collett 2251 class number 3215 has now transferred ownership from myself to Mr Hull.
Last edited by tom92240 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Durseytu wrote:Oooh nice photographs, looking forward to seeing the 9f chuffing around. I have to say that I didn't notice the cab ride video and have just seen it now. Lovely stuff! You should get a video up of the 9f!

Cheers,

Stuart.

Don't hold your breath the 9F is a few months off yet for Tom, but in the meantime some of my new purchases may get a run out on the line, :D

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Coming soon:

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

Dan and I spent the sunday on the layout, whilst Dan was running his 2251 and Castle for some filming I was busy running the Q1 with my goods stock and finishing off some wagons.

The day did not go very well at all! The last trip in the evening ended in disaster with the Q1 and 2 thirds of its train hitting something fiarly substantial on the track (and possibly furry) and taking a plunge off the board onto the concrete path below.

The resulting damage could have been alot worse, but still bad enough. The Q1 suffered buckling to the fireman side of the smoke box and some paint damage, my BR Palvan went in 4 directions, then some minor scuffs and small parts came off the BR Trestle, Ex-LMS 5 plank, Conflat, Private Owner wagon and Grampus, the last wagon was the newly completed Banana van which, in all honesty, I had been wrestling with all day and its punishment for being bad was the fall, but she only sustained some paintwork damage. The rest of my wagons which fell seemed to withstand the fall and so are fine (thank god).

Some photos of the sorry state of the Q1:

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

ouch.....badness for the Q1, although what happened to the emblem on the tender?

Liking all these o gauge layouts....

Ben
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 pm

here is a video of 5043 and 3205 at West Lulworth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA-IplbSyQE

kennyGWSR

Postby kennyGWSR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:08 pm

sorry to see your Q1 like that, has the fall affected the running performance? hope the damage is easy enough to sort out.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:27 pm

trainsandco wrote:ouch.....badness for the Q1, although what happened to the emblem on the tender?

Emblem on the tender had a massive scratch over it, so I have had to rub it down to paint, and also part of my eventual plan for the loco

kennyGWSR wrote:sorry to see your Q1 like that, has the fall affected the running performance? hope the damage is easy enough to sort out

Luckily she landed on the top so the mainframes and wheels, motors etc are all fine and she still runs well.

Repair on her has begun anyway, she'll be fine! :D

ceejaydee

Postby ceejaydee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Whilst that is a big OUCH! luckily she didn't sustain any creases to the boiler or cab which may have been beyond reasonable repair.
A total strip of a soldered loco wouldn't be much fun!
Regards
Christopher D.

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am

Q1 Update: Spent the afternoon working on her. The scuffs on the boiler cladding have been buffed out and painted over, the transfers have been removed pending replacement so the loco could be painted in the same type of black to match the repair patches. She is currently sitting on the shelf looked rather bare!

The main damage: the big bash at the front, I have straightened out to the best of my abilities and glued the 2 pieces back together and painted. The damage isn't so noticeable now the brass is in black. Look closely and you can see, but from a distance she looks fine. All I need is a new smokebox door!

New transfers ordered. Hopefully some good progress by the weeks end!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”