Installing sound decoder and Speaker in "UOSA" LE

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Beep55

Installing sound decoder and Speaker in "UOSA" LE

Postby Beep55 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Hello to all

I Got my Union of South Africia Limited Edition model yesterday and I was wondering...

Is it possible to use a Doner A4 "Sir Ronald Matthews" (DCC Sound) remove the Speaker and Sound Chip and install it in the UOSA? My Local Model Shop is willing to do the swap IF I can find out how easy it would be to do wuch a swap. It was suggested that the tenders were swapped but I want the Same Tender etc just with Sound installed to make UOSA that little bit more... Limited :D

Many Thanks to all

Charlie

Bigmet

Re: Installing sound decoder and Speaker in "UOSA" LE

Postby Bigmet » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

If the decoder and speaker is attached to the chassis of the tender, there might well be the possibility of just swapping the tender tops. (Same with the loco bodies, if it is only the sound fitted loco that has the chasis equipped with the four pin plug in connector.)

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 pm

We have looked at the tender bodies and they are slightly different because of one being a corridor and one a non corridor tender :(

UOSA Deserves to have Sound!

It was the 1st ever BIG Locomotive I saw working as a lil boy (All them years ago) God I'm only 22 hehe!!

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

But even though the tops are slightly different is there no way of swapping them over? The chassis will have the same basic dimensions, there cannot be any insurmountable problem.

Martin71

Postby Martin71 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:00 am

Hi

Simple job remove UOSA loco body and tender, remove other loco body and tender and swap. Unless I have missed something with UOSA. I have done this to a couple of A4's

Cheers

m

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:13 pm

The tender body on the Sound A4 is slightly different :(

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”