Network Rail Hst Project

Enter this forum if you wish to help the growth of New Railway Modellers.
Daryl K

Network Rail Hst Project

Post by Daryl K »

Hello my name is daryl and in the future before september i am planing to re-paint hornby's grand central railways hst class 43 and 4 1st class coaches with 1 buffet coach to a network rail livery yellow with transfers. and i am wondering if anyone can give me suggestions on if this is a good project and how to re-paint a class 43 with a buffer beam and coaches :)
Last edited by Daryl K on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Thanks Daryl
m8internet

Re: Network Rail Hst Project

Post by m8internet »

Good project, surprised the manufacturers haven't released versions of this yet, although the coaches would be an issue for them (but not so in N gauge!)

Unless you have experience of spray painting, pay a professional, it's not as expensive as you think and well worth the investment (easy to sell and holds its value if you choose something wisely)
Alternatively, vinyls are another option
Glasgow Queen Street Model Railway layout : modern image N gauge using DCC
Daryl K

Post by Daryl K »

Thanks for your suggestion

i might take it to my local model shop see if they would do the work. But i have found a good transfures site which im thinking about but curious as if to purchase the transfers and ask my local model shop to fit them and can anyone suggest a good site where you can send the train in to be re-sprayed and transfers fitted just in case my local model shop will not do the work but ill go to all the model shops in my town and hopefully atleast one will do the job for a low price
Many Thanks Daryl
Daryl K

Post by Daryl K »

Can anyone suggest any good sites that sell transfers for loco and repainting sites.
Many Thanks Daryl
m8internet

Post by m8internet »

For the transfers : Fox transfers

For repaints, get a copy of Railway Modeller and check the adverts at the rear section
Contact repainters in advance, check if they can actually do the model and livery you want, for how much, and what the lead time is

I was using an excellent contractor my OO gauge repaints, but it looks like they ceased at the end of the 1990s, charging me a rate of about £25 per loco (probably nearer £40 now)
Glasgow Queen Street Model Railway layout : modern image N gauge using DCC
Daryl K

Post by Daryl K »

thanks i will check fox transfers out and thanks for the advice about contacting ahead :)
Many Thanks Daryl