Wenchford Railway- layout to go, open to offers on items

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Pedanticmongrel

Re: The NEW Wenchford Railway

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Stu, I take it 6024 will be your first renumber job? It was mine, when doing the name plates there are 2 different approches you can have, No1 doesn't look so good but it easier, simply glue the brass ones on top of the printed ones, approach 2 is more risky but can look better if successful, remover the existing nameplates from the middle driving wheel splasher using very sharp scissors or a knife then glue the new plates in place holding with tweezers. if you need any further advice or help feel free to PM me anytime. good luck. :D
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

roadie stu

Postby roadie stu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 pm

hi dan

you are right it will be the one i "pop" my proverbial re numbering cherry on!!, lol, then there will be 2 6024's, My BR double chimney and My Dad's 70's single chimney version ( I'm looking after it on a semi perminant basis!!) 30 odd years old and still running!!

thanks again for the advice, and you will be the first to know if I run into Problems!!, if all goes ok my GW single chimney 6029 might be re numbered as 6023, then possibly the castle as 5051 or 5080, ( then when I run the BR blue stock, steam hauled railtors can look a bit more authentic)

many thanks again

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 pm

roadie stu wrote:thanks again for the advice, and you will be the first to know if I run into Problems!!, if all goes ok my GW single chimney 6029 might be re numbered as 6023, then possibly the castle as 5051 or 5080, ( then when I run the BR blue stock, steam hauled railtors can look a bit more authentic)

Stu

Ooooohh 5051 Drysllywn Castle would be good, double headed with 4930 Hagley Hall!!! I plan to get a second castle, and i was tempted by making it either 5051 or 5080 (especially as 5080 would go with my slowly growing Tyseley contingent) but it will have to be 4084 Aberystwyth Castle because I spent quite a few happy times there in my teen years! And no I shall not give details of such times!

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:01 am

I have just finished working on a documentary that is filmed on Wenchford and 3 other layouts, 2 of them belonging to fellow forum members, it is quite long and had to be split into 3 parts, the links and a brief descriptionare below.

A documentary about the Steam locomotive used on the express trains of the Southern Railway and Southern Region of British Railways

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73w7Eh6I0M
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dFb4avyV4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffuPlbjf4w

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am

I liked the videos! As I love all things Southern I had to watch them more than once! Thank you!

Thomas
SOUTHERN FOR SUNSHINE

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

wow! very well done with those videos!!!

They are truley brillaint!!
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

Mighty

Postby Mighty » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:I have just finished working on a documentary that is filmed on Wenchford and 3 other layouts, 2 of them belonging to fellow forum members, it is quite long and had to be split into 3 parts, the links and a brief descriptionare below.

A documentary about the Steam locomotive used on the express trains of the Southern Railway and Southern Region of British Railways

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73w7Eh6I0M
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dFb4avyV4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffuPlbjf4w

Outstanding videos - a happy half an hour spent watching these, and thanks for spending the time editing to make them fit to the sounds, which must have taken a lot of planning. Nice to see visits to the Bluebell, Whimsey Hill and Wenchford as well as Hinton Parva.
"We've shot off over a million cannon shells, and what's the result? One dachschund with a slight limp." - Blackadder

My layout thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20737

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for your positive feedback guys, off the back of this I might go on and make similar videos for the LMS, GWR, LNER and BR.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Time for a Wenchford update.

I have been away for a week and a bit. Just got home last night to a guilplates order, so i finally finished renumbering my A4 and put the new headboard on 34027 Taw Valley. Pictures.

manormadman

Postby manormadman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm

nice, 5051 would be a great idea. Pedanticmongrel, is the 28XX been changed to loco drive? as on my 28XX i can see a cog out the bottom of the tender and i couldnt see it in the pics of yours. also have u got a manor? :?:
Cheers Seb
:D

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 am

manormadman wrote:nice, 5051 would be a great idea. Pedanticmongrel, is the 28XX been changed to loco drive? as on my 28XX i can see a cog out the bottom of the tender and i couldnt see it in the pics of yours. also have u got a manor? :?:

yeah the 28xx is loco drive, the tender is from a 68xx (grange) and the motor and chassis are from a hornby 8F. I do have a 78xx (Manor), 7823 "Hook Norton Manor"

manormadman

Postby manormadman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 am

cheers, the southern video was great :D
Cheers Seb
:D

roadie stu

Postby roadie stu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Pedanticmongrel wrote:Time for a Wenchford update.

I have been away for a week and a bit. Just got home last night to a guilplates order, so i finally finished renumbering my A4 and put the new headboard on 34027 Taw Valley. Pictures.

hi Dan

you've got it spot on!!! :D

Cheers

Stu
If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer......You've Got An Electrical Fault

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Stu! I'm glad you approve! If ever you want it to do a railtour on your layout I'll bring it down!

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 am

I have just finished a video of the recent fun run at my club, it can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3VoR1KbPgs
There are several Wenchford locomotives in the video and a couple from the Bluebell model railway, see if you can spot them. :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”