Lordsbridge MK3 a new beginning

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge- now with third rail

Post by bizzyd6405 »

trainsandco wrote:
bizzyd6405 wrote: Image
dont mean to be petite, but all petrol stations had/have a one way system dont they? only one way in and one way out and no turning.

just to help with realism......

its looking brilliant as always though :D

Ben
yeah your right but i'll move it for you later :lol: :lol:

but seriously i still have to finish it give the fore court a few road markings and make the shop more respectable maybe add some lighting then do the connecting road to the rear of the pub.

cheers

Darren
see my NSE era layout Lordsbridge - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=20810
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

Hi Darren

I think it is looking great especially seeing the class 73 and 33 together 8)

The third rail looks great how well does the 73 run over the section of track which has had the third rail led as rumor has it the 73 needs some trimming down to cope with the third rail :?:

Keep up the good work

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast
bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

NSE DAZ wrote:Hi Darren

I think it is looking great especially seeing the class 73 and 33 together 8)

The third rail looks great how well does the 73 run over the section of track which has had the third rail led as rumor has it the 73 needs some trimming down to cope with the third rail :?:

Keep up the good work

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ
only really run a couple of test runs but the class 33, 37 and both 73's went over the section fine, i plan to have a long running session over the weekend to see if i need to tweak the third rail before i continue laying it along the rest of the track.

cheers

Darren
see my NSE era layout Lordsbridge - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=20810
GunnerBill

Post by GunnerBill »

trainsandco wrote:
bizzyd6405 wrote:
dont mean to be petite, but all petrol stations had/have a one way system dont they? only one way in and one way out and no turning.

just to help with realism......

its looking brilliant as always though :D

Ben
Most do but some don't. But if there was that black cab driver probably just ignored it and came right in the way he was pointing.
bizzyd6405

Re: Lordsbridge

Post by bizzyd6405 »

thanks for the comments guys, well its been a rather rubbish weekend really i came home from work yesterday to find some how Lordsbridge's stations signal box had been knock off the the layout and onto the floor (surprisingly no one owned up to it yet :evil: ) the signal box is a total mess the steps and decking on the front are totally missing along with some of the roof so at the moment there is a massive gap on the platform i've had a look around at several shops but can't seem to find any that have the signal box anymore :( so not sure what to do i could add the concrete walling all the way along the platform and add another sheleter, any ideas?
and the third rail has been renoved from the layout as well as after testing several trains/carriages get getting stuck on the third rail at the bends, so back to the drawing boards with that idea.

so overall a rather rubbish easter weekend

cheers

Darren
GunnerBill

Post by GunnerBill »

bizzyd6405 wrote:thanks for the comments guys, well its been a rather rubbish weekend really i came home from work yesterday to find some how Lordsbridge's stations signal box had been knock off the the layout and onto the floor (surprisingly no one owned up to it yet :evil: ) the signal box is a total mess the steps and decking on the front are totally missing along with some of the roof so at the moment there is a massive gap on the platform i've had a look around at several shops but can't seem to find any that have the signal box anymore :( so not sure what to do i could add the concrete walling all the way along the platform and add another sheleter, any ideas?
and the third rail has been renoved from the layout as well as after testing several trains/carriages get getting stuck on the third rail at the bends, so back to the drawing boards with that idea.

cheers

Darren
Unrepareable?

You could "burn" it down and leave it in-situ with a fire crew in attendance, just as a temporary measure. Perhaps even hide a smoke generator in the rubble pile as a mournfull little epitaph. :(
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

bizzyd6405 wrote:thanks for the comments guys, well its been a rather rubbish weekend really i came home from work yesterday to find some how Lordsbridge's stations signal box had been knock off the the layout and onto the floor (surprisingly no one owned up to it yet :evil: ) the signal box is a total mess the steps and decking on the front are totally missing along with some of the roof so at the moment there is a massive gap on the platform i've had a look around at several shops but can't seem to find any that have the signal box anymore :( so not sure what to do i could add the concrete walling all the way along the platform and add another sheleter, any ideas?

cheers

Darren
Heck what a weekend you have had :( Stating the obvious have you tried looking on e-bay for a replacement signal box? that's were i purchased my Bachmann one from for a cheap price.

Just out of intrest was it the class 73 that kept on getting caught on the third rail?

Hope you get things sorted soon

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

NSE DAZ wrote:

cheers

Darren
Heck what a weekend you have had :( Stating the obvious have you tried looking on e-bay for a replacement signal box? that's were i purchased my Bachmann one from for a cheap price.

Just out of intrest was it the class 73 that kept on getting caught on the third rail?

Hope you get things sorted soon

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
Yeah i think ebay will be worth a look seen as I can’t seem to find it any where else , as for the locos one of the 73 did the city of Winchester ( but not the one in Dutch livery) along with the class 108 so I’m having a rethink about the whole third rail at the moment and to clear myself up I have ordered a couple of new wagons to cheer myself up.

Cheers

Darren
Lewis Nash

Re: Lordsbridge- Bad Weekend

Post by Lewis Nash »

No not all petrol stations are one way.....
Good work darren,the 08 looks good in 'Dutch'! :P
shame about the signal box,look on ebay to see if you can find a replacement,
Regards
Lewis
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]
bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

thanks Lewis, i'm rather pleased with the 08 in dutch hopefully i'll get some pics of it shunting some grampus wagons into the yard next time, as you can guess after the weekend i had i needed some cheering up so decided to get myself a little bargain i got another 73 in dutch livery :D so Lordsbridges fleet of class 73's is up to three now, it has the same running number as my other one so at some point in the future i will renumber, well once i found out what other 73's where painted into the livery, here's a few pics.

sorry about the poor lighting of the pics need to do some in the day time and my hattons order is on its way so hopefully i should get the following in a couple of days:

Bachmann 46 tonne VGA sliding wall van in Railfreight livery (weathered)
Hornby Model Railways R6419 Departmental ZCV (Tope) wagon
Hornby Model Railways R6456 Shark ballast brake van in Civil Link "Dutch" livery (weathered)

more engineers stock to run :D

cheers

Darren
Lewis Nash

Post by Lewis Nash »

Hi Darren

Here is a list of 73s which were painted in Dutch which I know of-

Hope that helps with renumbering,
Regards
Lewis
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

Hi Darren, some more great pictures, Lordsbridge rail network is in its prime (loco's out number people two to one :wink: :lol:) love the look of the 73's i did not realise that Hornby also made two versions of the NSE 73!!!

I think that i will be adding a 73 in NSE livery to my line up soon as you have mentioned they seem to be going for a very good price at the moment :D

Any joy with the signal box yet ? and has the culprit owned up to vandalising NSE property (which carries a heavy fine/or imprisonment :lol: )

Keep up the good work

Darren NSE DAZ
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

Hi Darren you could have a named one 73119 Kentish Mercury or 73138 they were both in dutch.Livery,73108 as mentioned but this carried the plates OVS Bullied with green nameplates :shock: Also 73131 County of Surrey with the standard red plates.I think Kentish Mercury were blue or black.
cheers
I
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren you could have a named one 73119 Kentish Mercury or 73138 they were both in dutch.Livery,73108 as mentioned but this carried the plates OVS Bullied with green nameplates :shock: Also 73131 County of Surrey with the standard red plates.I think Kentish Mercury were blue or black.
cheers
I
thanks ark royal, just checked the fox transfers website and they have Kentish Mercury in stock so it will be renumbered to 73119.

cheers

Darren
Last edited by bizzyd6405 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

also i wondered if anyone knew what depot the Kentish mercury was assigned to as i want to know if i'll have to change the depot sign on the loco too.

cheers

Darren