Moving to DCC

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Raider

Re: Moving to DCC

Post by Raider »

If I were you I'd have a look at both of the controllers in the flesh - see which one you prefer the feel of. That is of course if your local shop stocks both controllers.
Itsonlyme

Post by Itsonlyme »

I really doubt it, i tend to get all my stuff online now after the problems my grandad has had with the N gauge he got from my local, that and a ex-display loco i had (will never do that again), from what i remember they have either hornby, bachman of gauge master (but it has been some time since i have been in)
upnick

Post by upnick »

[/quote]

Thats so wierd, I was looking at a old hornby magazine and came across this and I was wondering how much that actually cost, I log and and here it is, cheers for that! Well as pretty much everyone is saying "get the powercab" i guess it would be silly od me to ignore you guys, otherwise i have a feeling i will be writing a post about how i should have listen to you guys!

Well i guess i will be spreading the cost of this over a few months, so i guess its the powercab and 3 decoders this month, i guess i could look on fleebay but its rare i find bargains other than locos, thanks again everyone, now roll on friday (payday!)[/quote]

Hi,
Well the powercab is good money at Bromsgrove models & if you choose the TCS decoders they come with a no questions goof proof warranty the only ones in the industry ........ if bought from Bromsgrove John will replace it provided you pay return postal costs.
Ring John when your ready to order & i am sure he can advise the best choice of decoder in the TCS range & help more.
http://www.bromsgrovemodels.co.uk/index ... ubmit=Home
''Now if you'll excuse me i'm a busy man have a railroad to build''
''Building America''
m8internet

Post by m8internet »

Itsonlyme wrote:I really doubt it, i tend to get all my stuff online now after the problems my grandad has had with the N gauge he got from my local, that and a ex-display loco i had (will never do that again), from what i remember they have either hornby, bachman of gauge master (but it has been some time since i have been in)
Have a look for local exhibitions (there is a calendar on ukmodelshops.co.uk/T2-Forthcoming_Events)
You may find a trader in there that plans to attend and offers DCC demonstrations (DCC Concepts is the usual one)
Contact them the trader in advance to check and confirm they are going to offer a demonstration

It's a shame you are looking now, as the season is winding down
The N gauge in September is worth a visit, there is everything N gauge
I normally visit every second or third year, but now plan to make it every year
Glasgow Queen Street Model Railway layout : modern image N gauge using DCC
Itsonlyme

Post by Itsonlyme »

Well i wish i had decided to get my trains out sooner as well, they kinda sat in a box for about 5 months after i moved (i was going to use the garage but decided against it due to only renting and not wanting to spend the money needed on someone elses house), thankfully im off work for two weeks in march so i will see if me grandad is up for going to a exhibit, havent been to one for a some time now.