Hornby LSWR T9

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Thomas

Hornby LSWR T9

Postby Thomas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Today my LSWR T9 has arrived. A great model it is! My example arrived in perfect condition. I have just plugged in the short coupler and did a test run. It pulled 6 Hornby Maunsell coaches (all I have at the moment) and a passenger brake van without fuss. Even on the small 490mm radius curves of my sons trainset the T9 pulled this train. The loco is smooth and silent straight out of the box. So Hornby seems to have sortet out the teething troubles of the T9. Now I am looking forward to the Imperial Airways trainpack for my 4th T9.

I used a single table lamp as light source - not ideal for this kind of photography so you have to take my word that the loco looks really very nice in this livery.
Thomas
SOUTHERN FOR SUNSHINE

35011 GSN

Re: Hornby LSWR T9

Postby 35011 GSN » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 pm

even though you say its not ideal lighting its still an excellent image of a beauty of a loco

must agree it is really nice - I may have to get one as I 'need' it for my layout :P

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm

That does indeed look very beautiful - I am somewhat jealous! I do have a model of 120 in Olive Green, but I am a big fan of the pre-grouping liveries.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Postby 3440 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 am

OMG she is very prettty! Ive too many mainline express locos tho, and nowhere to run them. When Ido, Im geting one.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:14 am

Beautiful aquisition there,Thomas.You should be pleased with yourself for getting it :wink:

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:59 am

One of those would look good alongside my M7, which is in the same livery. Imagine them double-heading! Ooooh!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Yesterday I tested the haulage and found that it could haul a train of 6 Hornby Maunsell coaches and 2 passenger brake vans. I think thats pretty good for this model as its substantially smaller than the N15. I tested my Schools Charterhouse, too. However I found that I have not enough coaches to reach the limit of the School class, the haulage capacity seems formidable!

Thomas
SOUTHERN FOR SUNSHINE

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”