layout now

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
itsmee13

layout now

Post by itsmee13 »

well folks Ive been a buisy bunnie, and layed track out loads of times and now finialy found one Im liking, now Ive not gone too complicated to start, Ive tried an incline but now relised for the room I have (now expanded) 7ft x4ft x 4ft length and another 4ft length rather like the bottom part of an H so room for scope, sorry wafferling , but hope you get the idia of size now , Iv risen one track which will and is running seporatly
phpGweY22PM.jpg
phpGweY22PM.jpg (30.05 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
now ill get some photos of the lower track as and when, the plan is as follows
top track
coars ballst,
trees
log cabbin or may be mining shack
iron bridge
tunnel
possibly motorised points for now Im shure this list will grow
Oh well we all make mistakes as the hedge hog said to the hair brush
hobby boy

Re: layout now

Post by hobby boy »

is this layout dc or dcc? Not much scenery yet though.
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
ste234

Post by ste234 »

hobby boy wrote:Not much scenery yet though.
Hobby boy give the guy a chance :shock:
Believe it or not scenery is the last thing to be done on a layout :)
Cheers,
Ste.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
Graymee

Post by Graymee »

Hi fella,

Just a little point, when you start a thread, people who find it interesting will click the subscribe to topic button. This way we automatically get updates on your layout as they happen. It appears that your original thread was here :- http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=21730

If you keep things all in one place, then it is easier for people to offer advice too. Check out some of the other threads on this forum and you will see that some have been running for years. Also serves as a good diary for yourself.

Hope that helps. :D :D :D

Looking forward to more updates soon

Cheers

Graeme
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
My layout thread:-
Loxley Lane
I started another thread for trackplanning, if anyone is interested
My trackplan thread
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

cheers sorry blond moment going to use this post only now thanks , its standard annalog, till I get a layout setup how I like whats the point of scenery only got to pull it about, its a work in progress, got today free (unless the wife sees this post lol) so no kids for the day so might get somthing done :roll: , I did not relise how time consuming just getting the layout is But am now tacking and ballasting as like this top track Ill concerntrate on this then go for the bottom track hopefully twin the bottom line but will see, as said all in good time :wink:
briantwigley

Post by briantwigley »

You said that you may want motorised points; if you are going to go down that route then you'll have to do it before you pin any track down, as you need to drill holes in the layout. Unless of course you are using surface mounted motors in which case ignore me.

Ryan
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

cheers yes am going to use surface mounted, but have holes for wiring as nearly gooffed on that, thats why I had to redo the setup and also didnt like it but now getting happy ballsted down so waiting for all to dry, got a start on my ammerican theme my hunny bought me a triang 4008 abit old but very servicable, looks good to runs well
phpH5FlV3PM.jpg
phpH5FlV3PM.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

Ive set out bottom track as far as I can as going to get 4 more junctions and some semi flexi track, and of cause now got a name Discvil Ive got a discovery and it ammerican theemed what do you folks think?
Last edited by itsmee13 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

if you are using the Hornby surface mounted point motor, there is a chance you could have a faulty one. To tell if it's faulty, it wont switch points - it will just buzz.
This happened to me so i took it back and the shopkeeper even tested it and tested a new one and gave that to me (because it was ok :D )
You will also have to solder thicker wires on as the wires attached are too thin to fit in a terminal block :x

This should help

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

thanks for that chap, not don much the wife found me other things to do lol (I should of kept quirt) but Ive had a go at a rock face not painted yet like I say a work in progress, got the bottom track layed out not pined as I got to get 4 sets of points to do sidings and possibly another four the plan is to have a thrid track running round the ionside of the bottom, and another round the top so there will be a total of four tracks seporatly running
phpS5EIvDAM.jpg
phpS5EIvDAM.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
also started on a bridge and cut some templates for a viaduct and arches
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

we had a disaster with tha layout dam roof leeked and sealing collapsed on the set not very chuffed with our landlord at the moment, so you might not see much done for a while :(
Black-Marlin

Post by Black-Marlin »

itsmee13 wrote:we had a disaster with tha layout dam roof leeked and sealing collapsed on the set not very chuffed with our landlord at the moment, so you might not see much done for a while :(
Aargh! Ye gods how aggravating! Have a pint on me. How much damage has been done to the layout? At least it happened now - if, by some miracle, you had hurtled to the scenery-creating bit, the damage and expense would have been a whole lot worse. When this gets sorted you'll know the roof is sound and you can proceed quite happily. So, shame that it happened, but at least it happened now and you won't have to worry about it again.

Also, landlords suck :evil:

Cheers,
Gavin
MrT

Post by MrT »

Thats bad news, hope it gets sorted out soon for you and that the layout isn't too bad.
BR125

Post by BR125 »

Bad luck fella,hope everything turns out ok and there's not much damage done!

Daz. 8)
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

thanks folks , Ive had a look over everything today got three curves to replace and about half the wood ,also all the balast work Ive done is ******** the landlord has replaced all my wood with 10mm marine ply, bonus I only used mdf, nothing more will be done with the layout for two- three weeks, he also gave me an older hornby set Industrial fraight if any one remembers that set and layed it out on living room floor all works its like mint, its a basic oval no points but the little British Railways 0-4-0 with two goods wagons so a bit of a result he realy feels bad about it as he should if our kids had been in there it does not bare thinking of, its just the waiting now to get the downstairs bed room done hence 2 weeks (but I recon nearer 4 ) so Ill do a temp layout in the garden, hope you will all bare with me over this time and thank again for your kind words