London loft build

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
leopard

Re: New loft build

Postby leopard » Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 pm

fun working in small cramped cabinets with din railed mounted stuff.. specially with live terminals so you can't kneel down...

i'm seriously glad i don't work on trains still

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Wed May 21, 2008 11:20 pm

That cab was probably for one of our jobs in Macau or somewhere else over water.
OO in the loft. Lenz 90 making it go.

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 am

hat is one good looking panal, I wish the ones I worked on were as tidy as that panel. I like fault finding in panals that are older then me with drawings that are out of date!

edwardholmes91

Re:

Postby edwardholmes91 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:11 am

lozstlouis wrote:I made PDFs of the Peco templates so i can get through as many as i need.

Please could you email your templates? I assume they are 00 guage?

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Haven't progressed much in recent months. Kids holidays etc. My next challenge is to decide what to do about my points. i could control via my Lenz (expensive though) or i could assemble a million switches and do it the CDU way... The lenz software seems a bit pony as well. Have others used computer control to change points?

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Went into my local - Janes Trains & came out with:

A nice 121 & a 25. Looks like the 25 has got dandruff. Its just the polystyrene from box.

Am trying to build some retaining walls like Grotland as well. Top layout that. However rain stopped play:

So instead I thought i would try another project instead...

Hey ho!

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:19 am

2 lovely locos you got there
Regards, Jed

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks. The 25 is an older model i think - no sign of a DCC socket! Will have to hard wire it in.

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:27 am

yep thats the bad thing with buying older models the dcc chip anit there ready
Regards, Jed

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:22 am

Haven't done much of late. I went to Modelzone in Holborn and bought a girder bridge side kit thing (Peco), an arch kit ( Wills i think) & some plastic sheet. My Lenz Set 90 is still out of action. Appears it is the handheld unit that's on the blink so waiting for a replacement to come (under warranty). I like to run something whilst i am building scenics otherwise i loose my train of thought.... that was bad sorry.

Did anyone get the free DVD on front of Railway Modeller this month? Now when i have made a million or two i am going to do a Pete Waterman i think....!! Nice,.

allesclar

Postby allesclar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 pm

lozstlouis wrote:Haven't done much of late. I went to Modelzone in Holborn and bought a girder bridge side kit thing (Peco), an arch kit ( Wills i think) & some plastic sheet. My Lenz Set 90 is still out of action. Appears it is the handheld unit that's on the blink so waiting for a replacement to come (under warranty). I like to run something whilst i am building scenics otherwise i loose my train of thought.... that was bad sorry.

Did anyone get the free DVD on front of Railway Modeller this month? Now when i have made a million or two i am going to do a Pete Waterman i think....!! Nice,.

yeah i got it, that layout is insane but imo O gauge is a dying one, i dont see any companies expanding in that gauge.
My N gauge 90's Era layout - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18182

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Mr Waterman is clearly putting the whole thing down as a business expense i guess. He's not a mega rich for no reason!

Just bought a ViTrains 37 in Regional Railways livery... Xmas post my delay its arrival sadly.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:17 pm

They turned up before Xmas which was a suprise.

Didn't get any model stuff for Xmas but did get £75 Ian Allan voucher for the Waterloo shop. Nice.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Got some good running in over last day or two. have had manflu since 24th and it knocked me sideways. Had domestic duties to perform and that took it all our of me. I slept for 12 hours one day!! Unheard of these days.

Note the 121 running with trailer from a Lima Class 117 - i think they used to bolt a 121 to some 2-3 car DMUs between London & Reading to make up numbers sometimes?

GROTLAND

Postby GROTLAND » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 am

Hello Lozstlouis. I don't think you'll go far wrong with coupling the 121 up to other DMU's. I've got recollections of them being thrown in at the end of consists on the western region. Even got some pictures in books of them around Edinburgh and Inverness, also bolted on here and there which means I can have one too....yey!.
Any thoughts on a specific period for your layout or will you just run what you want? seems like it's western/southern region with your choice of stock.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”