Hello and welcome to my Llangollen in 00

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
yamahadrums

Re: Hello and welcome to my Llangollen in 00

Post by yamahadrums »

Hi all, what a lovely sunny day again! Here I have clip of 37 239 also fitted with Howes Unrefrb version class 37 chip. This clip shows the loco taking of on full tilt in a very short space indeed. No notching at all. Just pop your power to 40% on the controller and wehey! THRASH! There's much more to the sound chip also, I hope to demonstrate soon. In the meantime.....click below and enjoy your popcorn!

TOM M

Post by TOM M »

hi yamahadrums that sounds absoloubtly :D brilliant i love how realistic it sounds :D
thanx

tpm m
GROTLAND

Post by GROTLAND »

That sounds ace Yamaha, and looks cool too. Nothing like pure tractor thrash!. I really want that on my layout one day.
Your S/fox project rat's looking really nice too. Top banana as usual dude. speak to you later!
RuffnutThorston

Post by RuffnutThorston »

WOW! 8)

OK, it's not steam, but it's rather good! :lol:
02_tank_buff

Post by 02_tank_buff »

sarah wrote:WOW! 8)

OK, it's not steam, but it's rather good! :lol:
On Yamahadrums behalf, here! Steam!
RuffnutThorston

:D :lol:

Nice pic... :wink:
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

Hello good evening and welcome. I have believe it or not stopped driving noisy locos for a minute and made some scenic progress! Firstly a bit of tidying up of the grassy bits, then planting some fences on the west of the station (or is it north?) approach ramps. There is a miss match of style of fences at llangollen, one type Ratio make- black spear... and the other was devised by the famous scratch type production. The lower shot shows one of the resident noisy buggars poppin to say hello.

Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Your tarck looks excellent! Top job. 8)
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
glegalee

Post by glegalee »

Absolutly loving your layout chap, look forward to future updates.
Visit my layout CHOLMONDELEY PARK
ImageImageImage
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Thats some quality work there. As someone else said, the track looks great. As does the scenic work you've been doing !!! :D Impressive stuff
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

Good evening all. Sorry to bother you but what it is - I was meant to have finished my platform lighting ages ago but failed to come across any realistic GWR station lamps anywhere - even ones that don't light up and planned to scratch build instead.
Some months have passed since, where upon I have been seriously distracted by 1/ Driving my noisy diesel fleet
2/ Rehersals/ gigs, 3/ Arrival of a beautifull little daughter , 4/ Work & sleep.
It would be great to see some examples of station lamps fitted to someone's layout to be able to determine which type to go for.
Thank you. Nos da!
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Post by TerryB »

yamahadrums wrote: It would be great to see some examples of station lamps fitted to someone's layout to be able to determine which type to go for.
Here y' go :wink: .....I dunno where they came from ...my daughter bought them "off the internet" [prob'ly e-bay at a guess].

hth
T.
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

Bore da Terry, nice station you got there. Thanks for the reply- I'm a right fussy so and so and want the excact same 4 sided GWR ones. I have some of those you've illustrated but they dont look right for me.
The hunt goes on.......
RuffnutThorston

How about these lamps...

"Gas" Lamps, originally by Merit, Now PECO Scene. They come as a "Kit", that's the lamp standard, the "Glass" and the "lid". The glass drops over the "burner", and the lid clips on, holding it together.

They have a round base, but a sharp knife can change that. My now favoured method is to trim the round base to a square, and treat it as a paving slab (Concrete Paint.). (Used amongst Metcalfe card slabs.)

I paint the bottom part of the post "Dark Stone" GWR No.3. The rest of the post is "Light Stone GWR No.2, then the "collar" and lamp burner, and the ladder rest (Sticking out bit!) are picked out with the dark stone, which colour is also used for the lid.

When the paint is dry, then I clip the lamp(s) together, before touching in as required. The plastic is soft and quite flexible, but flexing can lead to the paint parting company with the lamp!

yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

Helo a diolch yn fawr Sarah. They look the ticket. They will do nicely thanks. Peco range eh? I'll have a hunt for some soon.
Great stuff.
Have a nice weekend!