m.levin's layout thread

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

m.levin wrote:Yer I picked up a Gauge-1 section of track instead of a OO-Gauge, when I went to the model shop last week. It is a very easy mistake to do so take care when picking your track up. I didn't notice until I went to connect it up to the layout.
sure is, i have some z gauge, i just thought it was very far away
peak

Post by peak »

Looks like you are making great strides forward, and very fast.
? have you been having lessons from Lofty?
I can't wait to see a vid of the complete layout (tracks that is!) with your sound fitted loco's running all the way round.
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

To the human eye it is easy to make that mistake.
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Mate :)

I was quite sad to see the old girl had undergone the surgeon's knife, but crikey, doesn't the result look good so far. Pleased to see you've managed to make so much progress so far. I am very much looking forward to the first video of the double track, complete with inaugral train hauled by Windy The Spam Can farting at appropriate intervals ;)

Easy mistake to make with the track. I accidentally connected mine to the c2c line by trying to create the tightest curve I could, not realising it was infact full 1:1 scale track. I got confused and connected it up to the track just outside Southend East station with the consequence being that I ended up with a class 357 parked outside my shed.

And then I woke up and vowed never to drink meths again...

Cheers fella, hope you and the family are all well :)

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Infrontcat wrote:Hi Mate :)

I was quite sad to see the old girl had undergone the surgeon's knife, but crikey, doesn't the result look good so far. Pleased to see you've managed to make so much progress so far. I am very much looking forward to the first video of the double track, complete with inaugral train hauled by Windy The Spam Can farting at appropriate intervals ;)

Easy mistake to make with the track. I accidentally connected mine to the c2c line by trying to create the tightest curve I could, not realising it was infact full 1:1 scale track. I got confused and connected it up to the track just outside Southend East station with the consequence being that I ended up with a class 357 parked outside my shed.

And then I woke up and vowed never to drink meths again...

Cheers fella, hope you and the family are all well :)

Tim
Yer it is starting to look great now, hoping to get a lot done for Andrews next visit, so if you are coming you can play too.
thebuisnessman

Post by thebuisnessman »

Looking a treat Mart, nicely done 8)
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I had a few spare minutes to start work on some retaining walls.
Chuffer Chuff

Post by Chuffer Chuff »

I assume your making your own and not using the Hornby ones?
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mart

I'd be interested in seeing how you do your walls, I'm in need of some myself in OO/HO, about 1m long x 90mm high.

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I use the great plasitcard to build it.
I will take some pics for you pete when I have finnished the paint job.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mart

The pics would be great, do you use embossed card, can you recommend a source?

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Pete wrote:Mart

The pics would be great, do you use embossed card, can you recommend a source?

Pete
Yer I get mine from Gaugemaster about £1.70 for about an A4 size sheet.
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I got a small parcel in the post today. It was a Kadee uncoupler and a Kadee Gauge. Mr mumbles told me I should get one, as I have fitted loads with out one, In the packets it gave you the recomended hights which I used. I have just been up and tested all the stock I have done and it is only out by a cats hair. I did all my stock to this hight would this cause any problems, it being only slightly out?
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

m.levin wrote:I got a small parcel in the post today. It was a Kadee uncoupler and a Kadee Gauge. Mr mumbles told me I should get one, as I have fitted loads with out one, In the packets it gave you the recomended hights which I used. I have just been up and tested all the stock I have done and it is only out by a cats hair. I did all my stock to this hight would this cause any problems, it being only slightly out?
should be ok with all your stock at this height, may be a problem with any 'visitors' that has the right height nem pocket but you don;t have any inclines so not likely to be a problem, what are you talking about as a cat's hair, 1mm? less?

hows the wall coming along, should be painted now, you've had it for days :D
michael
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Thanks Mumbles

Yes the wall is coming along nicely, which you will see in the new coming video.