Hm it smells I think theres an update on Rhys' Sewer Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for that Adam, I'm not going to get the time tonight to do an update so tommorow I'll try my best for you all, I've started to put some strips of newspaper down as all it can do is set rock hard. Tommorow depending on time I'll put some more newspaper strips down etc.

Hope you are all well,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:08 pm

Well last night I had a bit of time so I put the track down, I didn't realise how chunky the track was! I built the embankments just to the right width so that was lucky!

Pics tonight,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Well over the past week I have been promising you all for some pictures and an update, well here we go! 1 video for the moment but more are uploading of course! I hope the music is okay in the background - Idon't know how to put music in videos on the computer. Take no notice of the colour of the 'mud' as this will be darker when the paint has dried, concentrate on the groundwork. I've got a long way to go yet and I'm only at the basic stages at the moment. Igonore the white PvA in the moddle of the track, it was still drying at this point.

A nice solid picture of part of the siding showing some 'mud'

Another picture of part of the siding,

Heres the big vid,

Kindest Regards,

Rhys
Last edited by British Rail on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Great to see some progress on another masterpiece of yours Rhys, it really does look superb already!
How do you make the 'Mud' because it looks so life like! :shock:

Anyway Keep it up mate 8)

Best Regards

Adam

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:29 pm

Thankyou Adam the comments help. Responding to your question, I know it was rhetorical but hey, well I mix about 10%water, 20% PVA, 30% filler, then 40% scatter. I mix the scatter of Hornby black and woodland scenics fine ballast, basicly what I ever I have handy. I apply the paste very quickly and in large clumps for medium sized areas to give that uneven look.

My very best regards to you mate,

Rhys

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Thanks for that Rhys - might have a try of doing that on my new layout - once i sort the shed out :roll:

Just seen the other vid and didn't notice that the track goes up and down like that, i'm guessing that this is to stimulate mini hills and embankments?

Best regards

Adam

Jimbob

Postby Jimbob » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:09 am

Brilliant detail Rhys, An inspiration to us all! Look forward to more updates!
YOU GOT YOU GOT YOU GOT WHAT I NEED!

My shelf layout - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... php?t=8112

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:37 am

Are you sure that is mud you are trying to create? you could do with some greenery in it, what did you use?

DaiStation

Postby DaiStation » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:55 am

Looks great. Is that mud all dry in the pictures? It looks very wet (which is fabby if it's actually dry).

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:21 am

Hi guys I'm only at basic stages at the moment so of course there is no greenery etc. I have loads to do, this is only basic, When the paint has dried I'm going to get a pot of varnish and paint it in the lumps to give the effect in the pictures. I have many ideas for the layout in my mind e.g., an old loco rusting away, some woodland etc etc.

Thanks for comments guys it really helps :D ,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:00 am

m.levin wrote:Are you sure that is mud you are trying to create? you could do with some greenery in it, what did you use?

Mart you have to remember it's a Sewer railway so the siding has the 'mud' (poop) in it. the other parts I shall mostly be covering in Noch Wild Grass, woodland scenic foliage etc etc.

HTH Mart,

Rhys

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am

what track did you use for it ??

looking good mate what stock you going to use stockwise??

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am

I only asked as my little girl though it was real poo, It isn't is it?????. If so what did you eat. :wink: Like you said it is in the early stages and it has made me interested in what the finished result will be. keep us upto date with pictures.
I didn't want to come across as picking fault, just worried about what you used :wink:

PS
what does HTH Mart mean??

bunji

Postby bunji » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:02 pm

m.levin wrote:what does HTH Mart mean??

Hump That Hedgehog :)

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm

bunji wrote:

m.levin wrote:what does HTH Mart mean??

Hump That Hedgehog :)

I have already been blessed with one small *word censored* in my hand, I don't need anymore. :wink:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”