East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
iankemp

East Leake and Rothley station.

Post by iankemp »

hi i have started a model railway and i am building the GCR at loughborough (Leicestershire) i have taken some pics of it so why not have a look and make comments if you like! the Link is http://www.railwaypictures.co.uk put in the search box GCR and press enter or search button!
Last edited by iankemp on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Ian

Glad to see the new pix. Like the look of the station building :) so far so good mate

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

i have posted some new pics but gotta wait for them to be reviewed! (pain in the butt) keep watching this post for new updates!
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

new pics have been reviewed now and they are up at http://www.railwaypictures.co.uk type in search box GCR and you will see the new pics!
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Beut! ;)

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

well been building the back of the shed(current) on the base boards got the Bridge sorted and i have done some of the embankment just got to do the plastering it in bit and the scenic. Whilst on my travels i called in a shop in Buxton and bought another 8F number 48151. I now have 2 of these so once i have done, It should look good.

Also people who view these threads, It would be nice to have some feed back from others on here as well!
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

i have now been working on the baseboards abit now i am now up to empress road bridge but i have yet to lay any material and track at the min. i am just marking out where stuff is going. so far it has taken up two base boards which in total equals 8foot in length. but hey we are moving to a house with a real big loft so room for a nice big layout!! :lol: :D
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Ian

Good to hear things are moving on. Any new pix in the vault so to speak?

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

hope fully pictures will be taken over the next week due to sorting the house out.new fridge, laptops and wireless network to be sorted out.
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

well i have been out today to The Tutbury Jinny in Tutbury (obviously!!!) Staffordshire and bought a 2mt 2-6-0 simular to the one on GCR metals. and if any of you are wanting one they are a mere 73.40 and there are only 3 left now!!!!
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

well i did think that it was definately missing something and now that it has one i think it i have most of the engines apart from sir lamiel (which is next on the list to buy) well it has got to have it on.
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

Due to another set back with moving the house around. The mrs has me doing other stuff at min. I have been trying to upload picture to the site i have been using but it not have it. Has anyone got any URLs where i can post them???
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

Here is the bridge i have made a while ago for my layout. It is a GCR kit from Prototype models.

Here is the front of the GCR Loughborough station
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Ian

I must say that station front is really great so far. I look forward to the details being added in due course.

The bridge looks pretty good too, though I was wondering if there's any chance of a view from the side, i.e as if from the road

Cheers mate

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

These are the only latest pictures i have at the min.

More will be done soon of the base boards i have made up "hopefully with track on"!!!?????