New Murder on the Orient Express Film

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
End2end

New Murder on the Orient Express Film

Postby End2end » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:12 pm

For all us film buffs (and train ones too :D ) I can confirm a new version of Murder on the Orient Express is being made at the moment.
I will try to find out some more details about it over the coming weeks like who's starring in it. Can anyone compare with Ustinov? We shall see.
More news as it comes in.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

carnehan

Re: New Murder on the Orient Express Film

Postby carnehan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:01 am

According to IMDb, Ken Brannagh is to star as the Belgian detective. He is also down for directorial duties and a release date is noted for November 2017.

I was never a big fan of the original as I didn't care for Finney in the Poirot role. There is no doubting that Ustinov was the epitome of the detective in the big screen role, particularly in Death on The Nile and Evil Under The Sun.

Paul

End2end

Postby End2end » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:10 am

carnehan wrote:According to IMDb, Ken Brannagh is to star as the Belgian detective. He is also down for directorial duties and a release date is noted for November 2017.
I was never a big fan of the original as I didn't care for Finney in the Poirot role. There is no doubting that Ustinov was the epitome of the detective in the big screen role, particularly in Death on The Nile and Evil Under The Sun.
Paul

Ahh Brannagh. I only really liked him in "Rabbit Proof Fence" an Austrailian film.
I do like watching Finney onscreen but yes, no one comes close to Ustinov for Poirot in all the films I've seen.
Suchet wasn't bad for the series though and played a good part which I enjoyed.
I may even end up with a souvenier of the film as part of the cast and crew gifts that are given out. (we're gonna need a bigger engine shed! :lol: )
(I sold a limited edtition poster cast and crew gift from the new bond film earlier in the year signed by Mendez (the director or producer?).....it sold for £480!!!!) :o

I'll post anymore info as it's comes in.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Starring -- Kenneth Brannagh, Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Dame Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi. Filming in London and Malta. Due release date 22nd November 2017.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

Return to “New discoveries???”