PVA Gluepot

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
Bufferstop

PVA Gluepot

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:42 pm

I was looking for a small jar into which I could decant just enough PVA to do a small job, and seal it away when finished, without worrying about taking the cap off and replacing it every few minutes. I found just the thing, it's a small jar which held spice of some flavour. it has snap open flaps on the lid, one covers half a dozen 2mm holes the other an almost semicircular hole through which a brush or applicator will pass easily. I made sure the multihole flap had a good filling of PVA, which I will ignore so it forms an airtight seal. The nice large hole will be OK as long as I remember to wipe it clean at the end of each session.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Peterm

Re: PVA Gluepot

Postby Peterm » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Good thinking 99. :)
Pete.

Forfarian

Re: PVA Gluepot

Postby Forfarian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:27 pm

I use those small jam/honey/marmalade jars that are on hotel breakfast tables, I know that I have to keep removing the lids, but if one seals up with glue not much PVA is lost.
Also they don't knock over very easy.
We are lucky enough to have a certain marmalade manufacturer not far from us and they sell off boxes of the small jars of jam etc. in their factory shop so a good supply is always available.
Tim
aka Forfarian

Return to “New discoveries???”