Coach Interiors

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
rocketman

Coach Interiors

Postby rocketman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm

I like my coaches populated with little figures. This is much less of a problem than it used to be as most modern rtr coaches come with interiors (corridors as appropriate, seats etc).

However, not all coaches have interiors e.g. even the beautiful new Caledonian Single Sets' coaches don't have them, nor the cheap old repaintable LNER Thompsons by Triang and Hornby which I can get cheaply by the bucketload, nor any of the RTR 4 wheelers from the TTE and beginner sets which are part of the introductions of many to the hobby.

I have always liked interiors and think they make much better models, even if unpopulated, in sidings etc. I always found that my children and their friends loved to transport people on their trains, so I have always been on the lookout for cheap solutions to this problem. I often pick up interiors from old coaches second hand at my local shop but they are inflexible, depending on their source model, and I end up with lots of unused pieces and blunt sawblades.

So, today, I was delighted to discover that, on his website, Bill Bedford has corridor and suburban coach interiors available as free printable downloads.

Here http://www.mousa.uk.com/Cat/free.html
Now, how do I get into these things?
rocketman

edwardholmes91

Re: Coach Interiors

Postby edwardholmes91 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 am

Hey, nice find there... first off you need to make sure you have got a PDF viewer Adobe Reader is free to download and will open all PDFs I think. Once downloaded and installed all you need to do is click on one of the links and it should open up just fine for you :)

As for printing, make sure your printer is printing nicely... this can be done by printing a test page and if needs be cleaning the heads etc. (refer to your printer manual for this as they are all different). Once your printer is definitely in good shape and printing ok, click the little print icon on the far left just underneath your URL bar. Now all you need do is check a few settings:

Make sure the little circled bit is set to "None" and your done, just click ok. Wait for the printer to whir and pick up print once its finished.

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks. I can cope easily with the printing. I was wondering how to get into the coaches.
rocketman

Silver Surfer

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:01 am

Erm.....link not working guys.
Hawkers Bridge - A work in progress

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 am

Here is a new one. I just tested it and it works
http://www.mousa.uk.com/downloads/coach_seats.html
rocketman

son of triangman

Postby son of triangman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:54 pm

The coaches for the re-introduced ex-Tri-ang Caley single are ex-Triang as well Rocketman and are on ex-Triang MK1 bogies.

Tri-ang did a suitable coach interior if you can find one today.
Last edited by son of triangman on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for that SoT. I shall ask my local dealer to look out for them.
rocketman

stuartp

Postby stuartp » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Triang certainly did BSK and CK interiors for their Mk 1 but they weren't supplied with the Caley coaches or the Thompsons. Although they all shared the same chassis, bogies and roof the compartments didn't match the layout of doors and windows on the non-Mk1 coaches. Or at least they weren't supplied on any of the ones I had.

On the older coaches to remove the roof undo the two brass screws underneath then pop out the two clips where the roof clips into the top of the gangway. You should find the sides fall off by themselves at this point. I don't know if Hornby have started gluing them on the new ones.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/

malkyboy

Postby malkyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Tried everything but link is lost. Anyone got it saved and can restore it again, please.[quote][/quote]

Roger (RJ)

Postby Roger (RJ) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

malkyboy wrote:Tried everything but link is lost. Anyone got it saved and can restore it again, please.

A quick Google brings these pages up
http://www.mousa.biz/_downloads/Coachseats.pdf
http://www.mousa.biz/_downloads/CoachseatsCorr.pdf

malkyboy

Postby malkyboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks Roger, now in process of printing off what I need plus file what I don't at present.
What a great site for help,idea's and information. Once again many thank's.

son of triangman

Postby son of triangman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:55 am

Tri-ang did some interiors for the clerestories but they are very hard to find alas.

rocketman

Postby rocketman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm

I see that Replica do some spare interiors for MK1s. I shall try them and see if I can adapt them.
rocketman

K9-70

Postby K9-70 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:06 pm

son of triangman wrote:Tri-ang did some interiors for the clerestories but they are very hard to find alas.

The only seating units I can find manufactured by Rovex Scale Models Ltd. for Tri-ang coaches are;

R270 Seat Unit for T.C. Coaches and Cars ... 2/11d
R271 Seat Unit for Diesel Railcars R157 and R158 ... 2/6d
R272 Additional Seat Unit for Diesel Railcar R158 ... 1/6d
R273 Seat Unit for Suburban Composite Coaches ... 2/6d
R274 Seat Unit for Suburban Brake 2nd Coaches ... 2/6d
R275 Seat Unit for Main Line Composite Coaches ... 2/11d
R276 Seat Unit for Main Line Brake 2nd Coaches ... 2/11d
R277 Seat Unit for S.R. Suburban Motor Coaches R156 and R255 ... 1/11d
R278 Seat Unit for DMU Centre Coach R344 ... ?

The seating units where only in production for a short time as after 1960 most coaches came with seating units fitted.
I can find no mention in Pat Hammond's book The Story of Rovex Vol.1 1950-1965 about Rovex producing seating units for the Clerestory Coaches, Caledonian Coaches or the Sleeping Car and Parcels Van.

K9-70
The Rides the "REASON" the "DESTINATION" is only an "EXCUSE" :-).

son of triangman

Postby son of triangman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:28 pm

They did exist K9-70, I have a trade book with them in, they could have been items that didn't make it into production?????? The book does say new item.

Return to “New discoveries???”