Bi-directional lighting on HSTs

Post all your model railway electronic problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Peterm

Re: Bi-directional lighting on HSTs

Postby Peterm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 pm

End2end wrote:
Peterm wrote:Sorry. My last post was meant to be a quote on RAFHAAA96's post.
Anyway, the values will be different for red and green. Start with 1K and probably go higher from there. It's really a matter of personal preference as to how bright you want the lights to be.

Er... don't you mean red and WHITE. :? :lol: I have 1K resistors in stock but any other rating will need to be bought in.
[End2end

I did well yesterday didn't I. Two posts, two mistakes. Should have stayed in bed. :)
Pete.

End2end

Postby End2end » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I now have received the power and dummy car pack I won. R.336 CL.43
R336 CL43.jpg
R336 CL43.jpg (83.34 KiB) Viewed 129 times

I wanted an excellent condition version so I had to buy the pack but will sell the coach on.

I've decided, for ease of use, to buy the black cat bi-directional lighting circuits with both white and red LED's but another question has arisen.
What about cab lighting too?

I've seen these (although I wouldn't need / couldn't use the seating part as mine is an older model / moulding)
https://www.petersspares.com/hornby-x98 ... wer-car.ir
Could I use one of these light circuits in the cab perhaps just stuck up under the internal window mould? And how would I wire it?
By splitting the decoder wire for forward lighting?

I would only want the cab light on if the forward lights are on, and possibly only do this to the power car, lighting up the cab / driver (that I will add).
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

End2end

Postby End2end » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 am

End2end wrote:I've seen these (although I wouldn't need / couldn't use the seating part as mine is an older model / moulding)
https://www.petersspares.com/hornby-x98 ... wer-car.ir
Could I use one of these light circuits in the cab perhaps just stuck up under the internal window mould? And how would I wire it?
By splitting the decoder wire for forward lighting?

I went ahead and bought one although it has not arrived yet and I'm not sure how to wire it up.
Can anyone answer the previous questions please?

I also bought the Black Cat White/Red directional lighting boards but will need to modify the HST's light lenses to stop them leaking into each other.
Has anyone done this modification? Or if you've possibly seen a video on how to do it could you please share a link?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Return to “Electronics”