nce power cab pcp

Post all your model railway electronic problems, solutions and discoverys here.
richsam

nce power cab pcp

Postby richsam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 am

hi guys

got my new power cab from hattons yesterday. however on inspecting the pcp, power control panel, i see that the part that on the circuit board that the track connector clicks into is missing! wtf?!

what should i do? do i go through the hassle of sending it back to hattons? or will i solder the track wires directly to the board?

attatched are the photos
ImageIMG_0410 by philip robinson, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0412 by philip robinson, on FlickrImageIMG_0411 by philip robinson, on Flickr

RAFHAAA96

Re: nce power cab pcp

Postby RAFHAAA96 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am

I would just email them a picture and ask for a replacement. If they want the other one back then put the P&P up front for you.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.co.uk

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 am

You have a V2, but should definately have a black connector and should come with the free end loose

https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... Panel-PCP-

Speak to Hattons
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi
You should contact Hattons and arrange for a return and replacement. The plug with two screw terminals and PCB soldered on socket it mates into are missing (unless they are in the box somewhere?) and then you could solder them on yourself. But personally I would return it.
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

richsam

Postby richsam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

TimberSurf wrote:You have a V2, but should definately have a black connector and should come with the free end loose

https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... Panel-PCP-

Speak to Hattons

i saw last night that it was the v2 alright. what a pain in the a*** this is!!

richsam

Postby richsam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Flashbang wrote:Hi
You should contact Hattons and arrange for a return and replacement. The plug with two screw terminals and PCB soldered on socket it mates into are missing (unless they are in the box somewhere?) and then you could solder them on yourself. But personally I would return it.

i have the screw terminal plug alright but the receptor for it is not around. i did think that it 'fell' off but no sign of it anywhere.

ah well

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 pm

It's Hattons responsibility to see that you get one with the connector fitted, but, that looks to me like there was no attempt to fit one, and as they are made in batches there is every possibility that, (a) there's a whole batch the same' (b) all of those in stock at Hatton's are the same. So unless you can persuade some one at Hattons who understands what's missing to open boxes until he finds a good one, you might be better off contacting Gaugemaster directly. In all of my dealings with them over thirty years or so, I've found them to be helpful and not frightened to put their hand up if they've got something wrong.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Bufferstop wrote:It's Hattons responsibility to see that you get one with the connector fitted, but, that looks to me like there was no attempt to fit one, and as they are made in batches there is every possibility that, (a) there's a whole batch the same' (b) all of those in stock at Hatton's are the same. So unless you can persuade some one at Hattons who understands what's missing to open boxes until he finds a good one, you might be better off contacting Gaugemaster directly. In all of my dealings with them over thirty years or so, I've found them to be helpful and not frightened to put their hand up if they've got something wrong.

Nothing to do with Gaugemaster. Its NCE made in the USA and imported by various retailers.
Dealing with Hattons is your best action.
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 pm

My mistake, :oops: GM supply the same (or v. similar) for their Prodigy, which is presumably a rebadged NCE model.
I would see if you can find a picture of what's missing, just in case there are a lot like yours just to save getting another just like it.

Roger (RJ)

Postby Roger (RJ) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 pm

The Prodigy is a rebadged MRC product. :)

http://www.modelrectifier.com/product-p/0001414.htm
If at first you don't succeed - cheat
Anyone who is willing to stand for political office isn't fit to be in political office

Rog (RJ)

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 pm

There's a factory somewhere with a lot of different badges, nearly as bad as the mini assembly line at Longbridge, and yes they did occasionally make one with a different badge each end.

Return to “Electronics”