Help with a peco code 75 double slip

Basic electrical and electronics, such as DC/Analog control.
swinden dalesman

Help with a peco code 75 double slip

Postby swinden dalesman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Could someone help me please.....

Electronic's are not my strong point & i am just a little unsure of wiring a double slip up. The instructions say you need microswitches & it looks a little above my humble skills with wires. Someone mentioned to me that all i needed to do was isolate the frogs with some plastic joiners. Could someone please help, the doubleslip will be run with a DCC controller if this is going to affect the wiring at all. The easiest most simple way please i am not electronically minded what so ever this is probably my downfall with railway modeling.

Cheers,

Simon

Flashbang

Re: Help with a peco code 75 double slip

Postby Flashbang » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi
Your DS will be Electrofrog SL-E190.
Treat a double slip as though its two normal electrofrog points placed end to end.
So it will be necessary as a minimum to fit four Insulated Rail Joiners (IRJs) to the ends of the Vee rails, two at each end of the DS. Alternatively, you can is wished, fit eight IRJs to all rails of the DS and then provide two feeds from the DCC bus to the outer two curved rails of the DS. Its up to you which method you choose.

Next, you will need to provide frog polarity switching exactly as is done on a standard Code 75 (Or any code) electrofrog point.
The left-hand ends switch will feed the frog at the right-hand end and similarly the right-hand ends switch will feed the frog at the left-hand end.

Wiring is shown here if it helps.... http://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/Electrical-2.htm#Live%20frog%20%28Electrofrog%29%20points Scroll down to the blue text sub heading "Double Slip" (dc or DCC) wiring diagram. Note; this drawing shows 8 IRJs and two rail feeds to the outer rails of the DS. If you only fit four IRJs simply omit the outer curved rail feeds shown.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

kjiwizard

Postby kjiwizard » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

Hi

I tried the peco microswitches but found they were better replaced with a seep PM1 that have the switch incorporated within them. If you can solder (the wires to it) then this I think is a better option.

There was a very good article in the N gauge society magazine this time which helped me enormously. I now have a working single slip and double slip on my layout.

Kelvin

PS thanks to all those on hear who also offered advice and encouragement

swinden dalesman

Postby swinden dalesman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Thank you for the reply's, I have the Seep PM1 motors here ready for the layout & i have got them working with a lenz decoder so hopefully jobs a good un as it was. Hopefully we should see some work this weekend because i am getting all my woodwork for the layout so i am hoping to get a really good start on the layout & get that all important slip working.

Simon

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”