Point Motors, CDU, SPDT + push to make switches - questions

Post all your model railway electronic problems, solutions and discoverys here.
bluechang

Re: Point Motors, CDU, SPDT + push to make switches - questions

Postby bluechang » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Each toggle switch has a total of four other components to be used;
    two nuts
    washer with a lip on one edge
    and a ridged type washer
    toggle switch

How are they secured to the control panel - or should that be, in which order are the various items secured to the toggle switch and the control panel skin? I would suspect that the two nuts are put on last to secure in place, but which order are the two washer type things attached?

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi
My method is.....
From actual switch body up towards the lever...
Nut (1) adjusted up/down the thread to accommodate the panels thickness - Anti shake washer - Anti turn washer with tab upwards which locks into small off set hole - Panel material - Nut (2) - spare thread - lever.
Shown on page 2 in the right-hand drawing here...http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/75-0082e.pdf
You may have to discard the lower Nut (1) or the anti shake washer and anti turn washer with tab if the thread on the switch isn't long enough. I have even at times, where panel depth is great, used just the top nut (2) on its own.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

bluechang

Postby bluechang » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Flashbang wrote:Hi
My method is.....
From actual switch body up towards the lever...
Nut (1) adjusted up/down the thread to accommodate the panels thickness - Anti shake washer - Anti turn washer with tab upwards which locks into small off set hole - Panel material - Nut (2) - spare thread - lever.
Shown on page 2 in the right-hand drawing here...http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/75-0082e.pdf
You may have to discard the lower Nut (1) or the anti shake washer and anti turn washer with tab if the thread on the switch isn't long enough. I have even at times, where panel depth is great, used just the top nut (2) on its own.

Thanks for that. I have done it this way - Anti Turn Washer - Anti Shake Washer - Control Panel - Nut - Nut. My control panel is 3mm thick so I can use all four. The only thing I don't have is 2 spanners to tighten everything up. I have fitted the 26 LED Clips into place (2 spare as I changed my mind on LED placement - will be 2 LED's spare as well) and have fitted 6 out of the 12 toggle switches into place. Not soldered any wires onto anything yet but then again, I am taking my time with this to get it right 1st time.

Return to “Electronics”