Parkside PS103 25t Brake Van

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
VicPallett

Parkside PS103 25t Brake Van

Post by VicPallett »

Hi
I have just purchased on of these kits - my first attempt at O gauge kit building and am stumped at the first instruction. which is to glue the floor (5) to the sub chassis. I cant find any picture of these two components on the instruction sheet, so don't know what I am looking for. I don't think that I have any instructions missing as I have two sheets numbered 2 and 3. I have identified what may be a floor - it has planks - but there are two of them.
Can anyone help. I would ask PECO but they appear to be shut for lockdown.
Mountain

Re: Parkside PS103 25t Brake Van

Post by Mountain »

I hope somebody can answer who has built one. Usually if there are two of something it will more likely be body sides or ends, but a few kits have been known to have two part floor or chassis so the kits can be made to fit smaller boxes. (Peco 0-16.5 coaches come to mind).
6C

Post by 6C »

Are you missing sheet 1 ?
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
6C

Post by 6C »

The 2 planked items are floors, probably for the end platforms near the buffers.
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
VicPallett

Post by VicPallett »

I'm assuming that page 1 is the other side of the one marked page 2 - although it doesn't actually have a number on it. Looks like page 1 though as it's headed 'Instruction Sheet'

Thanks for the info, I can now work out where the two floor pieces go and I think that the rest is either numbered ok or self explanatory.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

I hope it all goes well with your build. Enjoy!