Contractors tipper wagons

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
David Bigcheeseplant

Contractors tipper wagons

Postby David Bigcheeseplant » Sun May 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Here are some photos of some 4mm scale contractors tipper wagons I have just built, they are from RT Model white metal kits, although I have modified them shighty to suit P4 standards

David Bigcheeseplant

Re: Contractors tipper wagons

Postby David Bigcheeseplant » Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 pm

another photo in black and white these wagons are just over an inch (25mm) long and are very small
The attachment tipper 2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
tipper 2.jpg
tipper 2.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

buz

Postby buz » Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 am

Hi David Bigcheeseplant
They look pretty good I like them do you order kits direct from maker or a hobby shop
With a user name like yours shouldn't the load be a bright yellow or perhaps orange for cheese ore :D :lol: .
half expected a little 0-4-0 tender contractors loco loco in shot with them.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but it's never finished

David Bigcheeseplant

Postby David Bigcheeseplant » Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am

The wagon were obtained direct from RT Models at the Ally Pally show although he does a great order direct service on his website.

I don't think there were any contractors tender locos, just 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 I have built a Hudswell Clark 0-4-0 many years ago although tracking it down at the moment is a bit of a problem. I have a few loco lits I still need to build to go with them a Black Hawthorn 0-4-0 from High Level Kits, a 0-6-0 Manning Wardle K class by RT Models plus a Stroudley terrier which the contractors Pauling & co used for five for the section of the Great Central http://www.transportarchive.org.uk/gets ... rnum=L1520

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”