Dublo color help please

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
buz

Dublo color help please

Postby buz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 am

Hi all
I have enough information to build an in the style of Dublo building from a second hand book I recently purchased,
and taking a few measurements from the necessary modern platform for platform hight.
I see that from time to time white metal replica Dublo station windows turn up on the dreaded Ebay as do sticker sheets.
Given this it would seem building a reasonable low relief terminal station building in the Dublo style is possible
This sounds good so far.
But what hobby paint color would readers suggest for being close to the tan?? buff?? color Dublo traditional used for there buildings??
I am hoping to be able to do this for the shed layout when it starts.
And I do want in the Dublo style though hopefully with a touch or two more detail.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but it's never finished

sleeper

Re: Dublo color help please

Postby sleeper » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,

The link I've provided below may help you find the right shade/manufacturer, I've never used it myself but I think you can paste a sample of the colour you want in to it. You would need to obtain an image of the object first and paste it in.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

buz

Re: Dublo color help please

Postby buz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am

Hi sleeper
Sorry for delay in reply my computer has has died
On girlfriends lap top computer at the moment will let you know what I can find out.
regards John.
A model railway can be completed but it's never finished

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”