another newby

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
bobag999

another newby

Postby bobag999 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:14 pm

hello there I'm just about to embark in my first build a 00 gauge and i want to know is it possible to build a same scale airport and aeroplanes thanks Tony

jus

Re: another newby

Postby jus » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:19 pm

bobag999 wrote:hello there I'm just about to embark in my first build a 00 gauge and i want to know is it possible to build a same scale airport and aeroplanes thanks Tony

By airport, are you talking current era commercial airport, or older, airfields, such as just post WWII fields?

If it's the former, then i wish you good luck, and hope you have around a 50ft long room for the runway. I'm not sure anyone makes kit form commercial jet liners at anything larger than 1:144 (n scale)

If its the latter, then airfix do plenty of WWI and WWII aircraft, buildings and ground vehicles all at either 1:76 (OO Gauge), or 1:72, which is fairly close, and about as good as you're going to get in terms of a kit build. There are also offerings from Revel in the 1:72 scale too.

Scratch building is your other option, and i don't know of any web sites to help, sorry.
Anything we learn today, may be unlearned tomorrow

Please feel free to visit my layout pages SYVR

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 pm

sounds like a good project!! whichever time period you do, would be interested to see how it comes out :)
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

bobag999

Postby bobag999 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for that jus it looks like post WW2 I thought modern would be to difficult

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”