BMR Workbench.

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
Lysander

Re: BMR Workbench, Met Coaches, P's, H2, U-Class, Adams Radi

Postby Lysander » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 am

Sounds more like your K's radial is messing about with you !

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 am

To answer your question about a rtr one... there will be.... its been measured, but its likely to be a commission job, as the Radial has had various different parts in their life time, it has put a bigger manufacturer off. But it is being worked on, but no idea when we will hear or see it.

deeftrundle

Postby deeftrundle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:25 am

Lysander wrote:Sounds more like your K's radial is messing about with you !

Tony

That is why I have taken a break to work on the W (Golden Arrrow). This is a poor resin cast but easier to spoof with parts/options more easily available. This is next to be documented, but definitely a case of mañana.
Also, the garden needs a stiff looking at. :cry:

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am

I know someone who made a W from Golden arrow.... a lot of money for very little... after building one or 2 or his kits... I agree... could at least supply a standard set of parts with it, I can understand people wanting to put their own ones on for their particular era, but, they are pricey for what they are...
I remember the O1 build well... £65 for the kit...£17 for the chassis, then a further £40 for all the missing parts....

Will have to transfer this build over to this topic...

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 pm

really impressive stuff - especially jealous over your SECR stuff the results look fantastic :D

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you Alex, and thanks for following on Twitter also.

You will find some HMRS info on Page 8. But then they are used on pretty much every project I do, from re-numbering, to lining (Page 7, 19 ect)

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Thank you for the pointer - the guide is incredibly helpful, I have bookmarked the thread and am going to read though the wealth of information but at 22 pages it might take awhile :lol: what would be really cool is to covert it all into a book 'Modelling the Bluebell Railway'!

With the SECR locos is the lining on those HRMS transfers as well? I really love my C class and would like to add to it with another engine in the same livery but know its beyond my skills to scratch build something - is there a RTR engine that would be suitable to repaint?

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Alex

Will have to look in to a pdf book maybe haha.

The O1 above is all HMRS lining transfers, but I go about it a different way these days, which you can see on this thread on the P-Class (pg 13) and H-Class (pg 17)
Only SECR livery engines are by Bachmann, plus all the ones they haven't released yet ;) Believe Model Rail mag are looking at a P-Class which they hinted at a few months ago... nearly as obvious as the USA Tank hint in 2010.

But depends what you are looking at doing or had in mind.

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I think its more the livery then a specific loco that I find so attractive so might look at doing a 'what if' experiment using an available RTR model as a base

Both your P and H class look fantastic, does your new method of lining them work better then the HRMS lining transfers? (silly questions really as if it didn't your would have reverted back :lol: ) - would it be possible to only print the lining leaving out the green background to try and prevent issues with matching the base colour?

Thank you for the heads up on model rail possibility will keep an eye out for them as i would love one

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Alex

In terms of the new method... you still HMRS transfers, they are still used with the custom transfers, its just a better, neater way of doing the light green lined shapes, as before I would just paint a light green box or shape instead of lining it out...

Here's an example, 2 P-Class kits one with simple SECR livery and one with full SECR livery:

Its just about really improving it as you work through kits, and work out what is the best way to do the full SECR livery.
problem with the waterslide custom transfers is you have a Clear transfer or a white back transfer. If you use the clear, it would need a white background to work, and the lighter colours the green and the yellow wouldn't work, so needs to be printed on White transfer paper and then merg the transfer in with the appropriate paint. I have attempted both, but printing the whole thing is easier, and also gives a guide as to where all the other lining goes.

OliverSR

Postby OliverSR » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm

alex3410 wrote:Thank you for the pointer - the guide is incredibly helpful, I have bookmarked the thread and am going to read though the wealth of information but at 22 pages it might take awhile :lol: what would be really cool is to covert it all into a book 'Modelling the Bluebell Railway'!

With the SECR locos is the lining on those HRMS transfers as well? I really love my C class and would like to add to it with another engine in the same livery but know its beyond my skills to scratch build something - is there a RTR engine that would be suitable to repaint?

The old Wrenn/Dublo R1 is a SECR loco so you could buy one of them and update and repaint it though I don't know if they would have ever received the full SECR passenger lining.
OliverSR

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Weald Kit, LBSC E4 Radial tank.

Now been moved to the website: http://bluebell-railway.webs.com/projectspage.htm
Last edited by mattmay05 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deeftrundle

Postby deeftrundle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:59 am

Coincidence or what. I was just going through some old boxes and found an E5 I picked up at a show a couple of years ago.
I had intended on doing it up, but forgot all about it when hearing about the proposed Bachmann E4.
E5 is an E4 with different trousers I think, so I may well attempt to reproduce your work.

This is what I bought:

I shall dispense with Fireman Bill. The pipework and handrails will have to go.
I have already CAD-designed the mixed traffic lining transfers, like I did on the resin H.
This may mean a delay to the O1 plan.

Thanks and HNY

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Indeed, the E4 Tooling samples should be here in the next few weeks, so Bachmann seem to be the move...

mattmay05

Duke of Gloucester - Hornby Railroad

Postby mattmay05 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Hornby Duke of Gloucester. R3168 Railroad model.

Duke of Gloucester project now moved to the website: http://bluebell-railway.webs.com/projectspage.htm
Last edited by mattmay05 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”